[RESOLVED] Adaptec Spin Doctor does not detect sound.

Thread: [RESOLVED] Adaptec Spin Doctor does not detect sound.

dickc

Post Adaptec Spin Doctor does not detect sound.

I have an Adaptec driven Cd burner which functions perfectly except for the Spin Doctor option. I want to copy my old LP's and I have rigged up a deck connected to a preamp and then on into the line in socket on my Vibra 128 soundcard. The music plays through the computer speaker loud and clear and the line in volume control raises and lowers the sound level, but Spin Doctor's audio display shows no response. As you can select a CD-rom as a source I tried putting a cd in there but still no joy. In Fact no matter which source you select there is not a flicker from that little colored band on screen 1 of Spin Doctor. Can anyone help?

Sounds like you haven't turned on recording in your system....First, open your volume control applet from the system try. Next, click on options/properties. Now, click on recording and make sure that the port your lp is connected to is checked under 'show the following volume controls' and click 'ok.' Now make certain that that connection (mic, line in, or aux in) isn't muted. Now Spin Doctor should 'hear' your tune....
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

dickc

Thanks Sowulo for your quick response. I have already done all the things suggested, and have the volume bar showing all items. The Line In to which my record deck is connected is there and working fine and the slider works etc, but Spin Doctor dosent seem to detect anything at all from whatever source

Just a double-check, the line-in under "Recording Control" and not "Volume Control" right?

dickc

Talking

Sowulo: Put it down to old age on my part. You were dead right about the recording side (which I didnt know existed) I thought that once the mixer bar was up that covered everything. I followed your instructions and it now works ok. Incidentialy the audio display bar does not light up until you actually start recording so its not a good indicator that the audio is getting through. Once again thank you for your help.

I found this the hard way myself way back when....drove me nuts for awhile....Glad I could save anyone any part of the headache I went through with my first burner....