Is it just me or is it IE5.5?

Thread: Is it just me or is it IE5.5?

Red face Is it just me or is it IE5.5?

A month ago, i thought i'm having a problem with my computer. I kept seeing 2 unknown drives (actually two drive W ) with a wordpad icon in it. I've updated my IE from 5 to 5.5 last January and before that, I've never experienced the problem. I reformatted my computer and thought it was gone.

Now I've installed IE 5.5 and again, those two drives are showing up. What is the connection of those two drives with IE 5.5? Or was it my computer just acting weird? I've got an 8 month old PIII667 128MB Win98SE. Thanks in advance for your opinions!
    Yeah right. whatever. duh.

It's not just you! I've seen the phantom W drives after installing Microsoft apps, I believe it has to do with a Ramdrive that is installed for the setup. I've never had them stick, but other people have. There was some discussion of it on a forum some time ago, but just now I can't find it. A search may turn it up.

Question

So how can I remove it? Is there a way? And is it that bad?

I don't think it causes any problem. But I also would like to know what to do about it, in case I run across it. I think I recall it being a known result of Office 97(?) install, (and other things) but I don't think anyone was sure what to do about it.

Wink

Yeah, I would really love to know about it also coz it caused me a lot of time the first time I've encountered it (having to reformat you whole computer).