ITT Tech?

Thread: ITT Tech?

Post ITT Tech?

So, I have my A+ and my Net+ but I'm going to start school in about a year and I'm trying to figure out where to go. I'm looking to carry on with the network and computer training when I go to school. However, all of the schools in my area that have technician programs require that you rely heavily on the software side instead of hardware. When I say software, I don't mean OS and the likes because I am looking for more training on that as well. What I mean is the majority of their required classes are programming, i.e. VB, Fortran, Pascal, etc. I've already been through as much programming as I can handle early on and I don't care to do it anymore and it's not really needed for what I care to get into. So, I'm looking at ITT tech. Anyone here gone or going there? I'd like some comments as to whether or not it's worth it.
    The Artisan formerly known as A+Tech.

The problem is .. with training its like A+ it used to mean alot but now adays its just says you can change a hard drive (maybe) ... in training i would look in business managment to go with your tech side ... with more and more things coming out to replace our jobs .. its nice to have something to fall onto .. example .. many of us used to fix and work on mobo's .. now they are throw aways ... be very careful what you go for, putting all your eggs in one basket is risky ...

business management sets leadership and goals in the field .. ITT is a great school .. they have some fairly decent leads after school .. but you spend many yrs paying back your debt .. and with tech things falling like rain .. i would keep a side field in the backdrop so you have something to go on ..
    Life is like a bowl of rotten cherries that molden over

A+ I'm there right now. It's expensive, and based on what I've seen you post on these boards, you aren't going to learn much that's new and exciting. I'm going to pittsburgh, and the instuctors there are disapointing! I'm in my third quarter and am just now hitting what I hope to be a worthwhile class (In depth Win2k)

I'm in a boat similar to yours. I have the A+ but that will only get me a $8-$10/hour job. which is less than the $11/hour I make as a mainframe operator, but I really want out of this job into a networking posistion making around 40K-50K a year so that my honey and I can start having kids. No one is going to hire me for a network position with a BS in education and A+ cert, so right now, it's just an expensive piece of paper to me. I just hope it pays off when I get it. I'm going another 30K in hawk with student loans to get it (and that's on top of the 29K I already borrowed to get my BS in education)
    good luck

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by kato:
    <strong>A+ I'm there right now. It's expensive, and based on what I've seen you post on these boards, you aren't going to learn much that's new and exciting. I'm going to pittsburgh, and the instuctors there are disapointing! I'm in my third quarter and am just now hitting what I hope to be a worthwhile class (In depth Win2k)

I'm in a boat similar to yours. I have the A+ but that will only get me a $8-$10/hour job. which is less than the $11/hour I make as a mainframe operator, but I really want out of this job into a networking posistion making around 40K-50K a year so that my honey and I can start having kids. No one is going to hire me for a network position with a BS in education and A+ cert, so right now, it's just an expensive piece of paper to me. I just hope it pays off when I get it. I'm going another 30K in hawk with student loans to get it (and that's on top of the 29K I already borrowed to get my BS in education)
    good luck</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have an Associates and an A+ and I make $16 per hour doing helpdesk and will be moving to networking on Monday. LAN dept just hired more people with no M$ certs. What part of PA is your town in? Maybe it's the area you are in.