Error 629 - Disconnected by remote computer

Thread: Error 629 - Disconnected by remote computer

Exclamation Error 629 - Disconnected by remote computer

Error 629 - Disconnected by remote computer...

This error message has been a thorn in my side for a couple months now. We are rolling out a new VPN dialup package at the company I work at. I am lucky enough to be handling all the issues associated with it.

The most frustrating error I am encountering is the Error 629. Disconnected by remote computer.

I've been doing some research on it and have several good sites that list out what the problem could be. However, it is different on each computer.

Does anyone have any other tips or tricks to get around this error? I know it is not actually the remote computer disconnecting the connection; rather it's the computer itself. I normally check modem settings, lower connection speed, etc. But am looking for other's opinions on this error.

Any comments are appreciated.

Thank you,
    Nick

What modem(s) and system specs?

<a href="http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-GB;q170977" target="_blank">For Instance, it could be this</a>

and there is a huge amount of info to be had <a href="http://808hi.com/56k/duns629.asp" target="_blank">here</a>
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thanks for the info... The 808hi.com info is helpful. I've seen the Microsoft info before.

All different modems and specs. Normally Psion Gold Card 56k v.90 modems. That's pretty much our standard for PCMCIA modems.

Thanks again.

Let us know if you need more.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

What ISP are you using to handle the dial up?

My company is using AT&T and we get that exact same error when we try to use the microsoft dialer instead of AT&T's proprietary dialer. We also get it sometimes when the account is locked.

The server you are dialing into disconnecting you for one reason or another.