[RESOLVED] Programming / Software Development

Thread: [RESOLVED] Programming / Software Development

TipTap

Resolved [RESOLVED] Programming / Software Development

I realise that WinDrivers deals mainly with hardware, drivers and supporting existing software, but I wonder if there's any call for some sort of 'Software Development' forum? I know on a number of occasions, there's things I've wanted to know, and have had to turn to (rather poor) help sites elsewhere. More often than not, these have been of little or no help. On-line help provided with the language is useful, but doesn't cover everything.

On the other side, are there people to support it? I know my VB and DirectX, but that's about as far as it goes (at the moment).

Just a thought...

------------------
    Lean, mean and keen, green like a been, are the Thri-kreen.

CREEPINGDEATH

Yeah Windrivers can expand to cover other issues if Scott feels like instituting them.

waddaya think Scott?

------------------
    Genuine wisdom is knowing the answer but deciding to keep your mouth shut.

StevePorter

Thumbs up

I'll second the motion. I use VB6 periodically and I'm sometimes trying to do something that doesn't cooperate fully. I'd be nice to post a question or two once in awhile...

------------------
    Sometimes computer problems require extreme measures. Our hero, the Intrepid Spaceman Spiff, sets his blaster on "deep fat fry..."

QSECOFR

True. I dabble in VB, but then you might have a surge of request for forums ranging from PL/I to Java. Maybe just a general Programming/Software Development forum. I've used RPG, CL, COBOL, VB, and I could keep going on. I just think if we keep the forum broad, it could suit most programmers.

------------------
    OS/400...At least it's not Microsoft.

hugheysoup

I would like to see this in the forums........C++ is one that I know...but get stuck at times and need help.

One downside to this would be those student who will ask someone to do there homework...but that could be dealt with easily.

------------------
    Why say no, when it feels sooo good to say yes?........

DaOnly123Kid

yeah thats a great idea, i dabble in c++ qbasic, asp, java, javascript, (of course HTML), and i'm starting to learn sql, and i'm sure that i could use alot of help learning that

------------------
    I'M NOT DUCKING FRUNK!!!

hugheysoup

Thanks Scott!!!

------------------
    Coding is easy; All you do is sit staring at a terminal until the drops of blood form on your forehead.

Real Programmers don't eat quiche. They eat Twinkies and Szechwan food.