Asus 7v 133 with duron 800 mhz

Thread: Asus 7v 133 with duron 800 mhz

Red face Asus 7v 133 with duron 800 mhz

what should the normal temperature of the chip be around for efficient running?
    Thank u

Quote from AMD Tech Support:

"System Operating Temperatures Will Vary

The operating temperature of a system or processor is highly dependent on the characteristics of the system as a whole and the combination of components that make up the system. Consequently, the "normal" operating temperature will vary from system to system, depending on each system's make-up. Some of the variables that affect the operating temperature of a system are: case size, air flow characteristics, installed components, processor speed, processor heatsink/fan solution, thermal interface material, power supply, voltage settings, workload, and ambient air temperature.

Although "normal" operating temperatures are not specified for AMD processors, there are maximum operating temperature ratings that must not be exceeded. The maximum operating temperature of a processor may be determined by the processor's Ordering Part Number (OPN). Refer to the processor's data sheet for additional information (data sheets may be downloaded from the Technical Documents page). Typically, the maximum operating temperatures for Socket A AMD Athlon™ and AMD Duron™ desktop processors are 90 degrees Celsius for processors operating up to 1GHz, and 95 degrees Celsius for processors operating above 1GHz.

Note: The maximum operating temperature specification is based on a measurement taken directly from the top center of the processor die. The temperature reported by a system's BIOS may not reflect the true temperature of the processor if the measurement is taken from an alternative location. Additionally, the reported temperature will be affected by the accuracy of the thermal probe, hardware monitor, and analog to digital signal conversion. As a result, some variance should be allowed when comparing the maximum operating temperature to the temperature reported by the system's BIOS."
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

Angry

I do have the same mobo with a Duron 850 overclocked to 935. my Ide is 40 and in full load (Quake) 48C...But lately we got a lot of hot room 85F and the temp bump to 52 after quake.....

To prove something, one must first try to disprove it.

byteme_1997

Originally posted by Antimatter:
    Generally I consider anything under 55C OK for a Duron CPU. My Duron 800@1GHz runs OK at 54C full load.
    just a quick question Antimatter, what voltage and multiplyer settings are you using to obtain the 1GHz? I am curious as i have the Duron 800 as well, on an MSI K7TPRO-2A

Originally posted by byteme_1997:

just a quick question Antimatter, what voltage and multiplyer settings are you using to obtain the 1GHz? I am curious as i have the Duron 800 as well, on an MSI K7TPRO-2A
    7.5x133 with 1.725V on SL-75KAV. Wouldn't boot every time at 8x133 and I haven't really tweaked it much yet.

Don't count on any CPU overclocking well though. There's a fair variation in CPU capability.
    To prove something, one must first try to disprove it.