[RESOLVED] CD RW wont format disks after virus infection

Thread: [RESOLVED] CD RW wont format disks after virus infection

restless

Post CD RW wont format disks after virus infection

I recently detected my PC infected with 4 viruses, (2 trojan viruses, Virus dropper and removeit.hta virus.) During the infection I placed several formatted RW data disks in my burner and they were corrupted when I ejected them and the data is unusable.
    I Quarantined the viruses with Nortons antivirus. My system now seems stable other than my RW burner will not format disks. The computer commences the format for a few seconds and then stops writing to disk. I must reboot to recover access to my burner.

It will read cd's and run programs from cd's. Using my Adeptec cd creator software it will burn RW cd's and play them back. I have deleted the hardware device (cdrw) and reintalled it (its plug and play.) I have deleted all my burner software and reinstalled it. I have installed the latest udf reader program v1.03.
    My purchased copy of Direct cd v2.5 cannot be updated to version 3 downloaded from the net. The update program advises there is no qualified adeptec program recognised although adeptec says this program will update ver 2.5.

I have run out of ideas to fix this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jvaguy

if you have files still in the registy it will do this .. my ez 4 dlx crashed bad and i had to remove them from there and then reinstall and add the updates ... now the fun part is is removing all the files .. so smoke a cigg and backup your reg .. and type regedit in the run line .. and begain your fun .. i also suggest looking up web pages on how to edit the reg if you dont know how