System profiles within win 2K workgroup

Thread: System profiles within win 2K workgroup

Post System profiles within win 2K workgroup

I'm researching a problem that is a legacy from a previous admin. There is a localized workgroup that uses system level policies and all systems connect to a Novell Domain. Somewhere these systems are fudging the Novel roaming profiles.

Can anyone point me to a resource that can help me get a handle on how the profiles are set up and what (if any changes) can be made to eliminate or reduce their effect on the rest of the network?
    Stress.... The uncontrollable urge to choke the living $417 out of someone who desperately needs it.

Ignorance.... The inherent capacity to demand of someone else that which one is too lazy to learn/perform for one's self.

User....An individual who, through immense proportions of ignorance, create stress.

what version of netware?
    I've learned CNA - so try to work with me together.
    Real stupidity beats Artifical Intelligence

[quote]Originally posted by Gabriel:
    <strong>what version of netware?
    I've learned CNA - so try to work with me together.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Novell Netware 5.1

I'm not sure the problem resides on the server though. The roaming profiles are given to students and used across Win NT4 and 2000.

I have found that a very common occurence is in the logout procedure in 2000. When the shutdown or logout command is given through the ctrl+alt+del menu is given, the system shuts down according to NT 4 protocals while the same system in 2K from the start button gives the standard ATX routine. Am I right in thinking that the newer shutdown routine in 2K is not being trapped and handled properly by Novel?

Are there any other areas that I may have overlooked?
    Stress.... The uncontrollable urge to choke the living $417 out of someone who desperately needs it.

Ignorance.... The inherent capacity to demand of someone else that which one is too lazy to learn/perform for one's self.

User....An individual who, through immense proportions of ignorance, create stress.