Local Account & Group Policy help needed

Thread: Local Account & Group Policy help needed

Post Local Account & Group Policy help needed

Howdy, I have a 2k Pro workstation that is not on the domain. I need to create three different levels of local user and/or local group policies... For the Manpower temps, office clerks, and the Admin. I have been using gpedit.msc to no avail, Every change I make in User Configuration/Admin Templates affects all users. One example: I need to remove the control panel access for the temps, but have it available for the office clerks and the admin... Any help mucho appreciated... I'm new to windows /.

What you want to do can't be done, by design, without Active Directory enabled, the use of group policies, and a Domain login. Check this out:
    <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q218601" target="_blank">Local Group Policy Objects Cannot Be Set on a Per-User Basis (Q218601)</a>

The suggestion in the article is to use NT4 based policies, with use of Poledit. It is a step backwards, however may be a step in the right direction for what you want to do...

Thanks... I just figured it out. Yeah, Poledit is the easiest way. MS has one of the most idiotic work arounds to do multiple policies using gpedit on 2000 workstation. And it is only two settings; everything or nothing. Thanks for the reply /.