How do I find the network path of a printer in Windows 2000?

Thread: How do I find the network path of a printer in Windows 2000?

Post How do I find the network path of a printer in Windows 2000?

My customers often need to install a network printer on their machine and never have a clue as to the network path (\\printserver\printername). I of course do not have a listing of printers to utilize that tells me what they have access to as there are hundreds of printers on the network (maybe thousands). In putting the printers in there was no policy of placing stickers on the printers with the network path to the print queue. I presently have them go to another computer (95/98) and get the network path from it. With 2000, I have not seen a way to do this and we will be converting slowly to 2000 over the next year or two so pretty soon my users are going to be SOL for adding printers unless I find a solution. Anyone have any suggestions?

Just make sure the printer is shared, then you could either go through add printer or just double click it through the network and it will add it automatically.
    An obstacle is something you see when you take your eyes off your goal.

This assumes that you know where it is on the network. Please note that I know how to install a printer on a 2000 system. With 3 print servers and thousands of printers it is impossible to find out where to print to. I have asked M$ developers with no answer but I wondered if anyone had any other ideas.

For my network printers, I can go to Start->Settigng->Printers and all the printers are listed as sharename on servername.
    Is that what you are asking for?
    The truth is out there, you just need to decrypt it.