[RESOLVED] Toshiba 2505cds power problem

Thread: [RESOLVED] Toshiba 2505cds power problem

abelg

Unhappy Toshiba 2505cds power problem

I have a new to me Toshiba 2505cds laptop.It is a P233 with 32 megs of ram internal cd and floppy drive.I have a intermitent problem that after the computer has been off for 8hrs or more the computer will not power up it starts boot leds registers and then shuts down this will happen from anywhere from 5 minutes to a 1/2 hour. It will then start and function properly.I can then restart shutdown and start shut it down for several hours and it will start flawlessly.Does this sound like a power-supply problem or motherboard glitch.

when you next get everything powered up goto the power management screen check out the options for sutting down and hibernation there are also options for the laptop to shutdown when the power level reaches a certain percentage i turned mine off it caused a lot of bother. Do you get the warning beeps before it shuts down? or you say its new how many times have you fully charged the battery, when i first got mine i had to do 3 or 4 charge/discharge cycles before the power settled down. you might also want to check for a virus such as KAK.WORM as i just had a call to a user who's laptop would bootup and go straigt to shutdown works fine now.
    "The first ten million years were the worst,' said Marvin, `and the second ten million, they were the worst too. The third ten million I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline.'"
    Douglas Adams 1954 - 2001

You might have a faulty circuit there. See if it happens with just the ac adapter. Also check to see if it happens with just the battery. And finally check that all the screws are tight on the bottom of the comp.

------------------
    hey its me again!
    hey its me again!

I have had that same problem. could never find a solution, please let me know.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

Try removing any and all memory expansion modules from the unit and all pc cards. disconnect all other external devices also (mouse, printer,scanner) and test it again. Memory modules have been known to cause issues like this in the past, expecially when using non-kingston memory modules. (btw I just spent all day last friday at toshiba notebook repair class to bet my ASP certificate)