sound (not working) and prosser(want to upgrade)

Thread: sound (not working) and prosser(want to upgrade)

Exclamation sound (not working) and prosser(want to upgrade)

I have a Dell Latitude LM and it has a 133mhz processer. I would like to make it a 166 or 200mhz. another problem i have is my sound does not work and I have had problems before with my left speeker and now it just doesn't work at all.

HELP!!!!!!!!!

Buy a new laptop. 99% of the laptops out there can't be upgraded....even if the processor plugs in, sometimes they ue a hardwaired BIOS rather than leaving adjustments for processors. And the sound is probably built into that same board

------------------
    Bryan Pizzuti
    CompTIA A+, CNAP
    [email protected]
    ICQ # 8525092
    Yahoo Messenger: npaladin_2000
    Bryan Pizzuti
    CompTIA A+, CNAP
    [email protected]
    ICQ # 8525092

nothing is hard wired not even the bios this is a upgradeable laptop

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by digital951:
    nothing is hard wired not even the bios this is a upgradeable laptop </font>
    Who told you that....Dell? I've worked on a bunch of laptops from all over. All that can usually be upgraded is the hard drive and the memory, other than sticking PC cards in. And you know what? That's all that has to be upgradable for the manufacturer to legally claim "upgradability" as a feature.

Let's assume, just for the sake of argument, that you can actually upgrade the processor though. Most likely the highest-class CPU you can put in would pe a Pentium 150 or 166.

------------------
    Bryan Pizzuti
    CompTIA A+, CNAP
    [email protected]
    ICQ # 8525092
    Bryan Pizzuti
    CompTIA A+, CNAP
    [email protected]
    ICQ # 8525092

i can remove the processer and put it back in i can also remove the video, memory, sound, exct. I know this becayse i was the one who took it apart.

well i got my sound to work again and i need a new left speeker but i also want to upgrade the processer

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by digital951:
    well i got my sound to work again and i need a new left speeker but i also want to upgrade the processer</font>
    Good luck finding a P150 to fit into that slot. WHat you need to do is ask Dell, and find out what type of socket you get. Find out the chipset the laptop's board is using, and the BIOS version.

------------------
    Bryan Pizzuti
    CompTIA A+, CNAP
    [email protected]
    ICQ # 8525092
    Bryan Pizzuti
    CompTIA A+, CNAP
    [email protected]
    ICQ # 8525092

Have you searched Ebay? I have seen several mobile pentium chips for sale on the site. Give it a whirl but be aware that you take your laptops life in your own hands if you blow it don't cry to us. Also you may wish to do some more research on tha machine - check the chipset and visit the manufacturers site (of the chipset) and see what the specs are of it. Also visit Intels site and check for information on the current version of the CPU to make sure that what you do decide to do has the best chance of working.

------------------
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

iateyourcat

dell is typically more modular in their approach to hardware (that's why their usually 6-8 months behind the newest technology), and you may be able to replace the cpu but, NPaladin has a point. IF you find an upgraded processor it will prolly have to come from Dell or a Dell machine. most laptops have either processor boards comprised of the process and a bunch of other components or their hard wired to the MB. i've worked on hundreds of laptops and 99% of them you either replace the whole MB or you replace a processor board.

------------------
    =-iateyourcat-=