PLS HELP??????????SONY LAPTOP PROBLEM

Thread: PLS HELP??????????SONY LAPTOP PROBLEM

Unhappy PLS HELP??????????SONY LAPTOP PROBLEM

HI MY NAME IS BRYAN DAVIS AND I REALLY NEED SOME HELP HERE.I HAVE A SONY VAIO LAPTOP MODEL PCG-505TR AND MY MOM DELETED SOME FILE ON IT AND NOW EVERY TIME YOU TRY TO INITIALIZE ANY TYPE OF BOOT,
    IT SAYS NTLDR IS MISSING,PRESS ANY KEY TO START.WHEN YOU DO THE SAME MESSAGE KEEPS POPPING UP.I'VE TRIED BOOT DISK,NORTON ANTI-VIRUS BOOT DISK(CAUSE IT HAD A VIRUS PREVOIUS TO THIS PROBLEM).THE OPERATING SYS.IS WIN 98.THE STARTUP DISK WON'T WORK AND IT USES A BACKPACK EXTERNAL CD-ROM.I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO CAN SOMEONE PLS HELP ME OUT??????I NEED MY LAPTOP FOR COMPUTER ANIMATION.THANKS.BRYAN D

That is strange, it sounds like an error you'd normally get with a bad Windows NT/2000/XP installation.

what can I say, other than make a Windows 98se boot disk (go to <a href="http://www.bootdisk.com," target="_blank">www.bootdisk.com,</a> download the iamage, and it will write to floppy), put the Windows CD in, and run Setup.

or use Sony's application recovery CDs.

sounds like you may have an Dual Boot system there Bryan, hmmm, if it is the NTLDR then it definatly sounds like a NT4, 2K or XP system file has been deleted although your stating that the OS is 98, this is a confusing one, if it a 98 machine, reboot with the boot disc in, once at the command prompt type the following

SYS C:
    this will copy your system files from your 98 boot disc to the hard drive. BUT, make sure that you are definatly running windows 98 or else it could be a long reinstall.good luck.
    All sorts of wonderful things in life.

Won't be able to install the sony product recovery cd's with a backpack cdrom drive. Hopefully you'll figure out what the problem is before a windows recovery becomes necessary. You can run a windows setup from the cab files in dos if you're sure the machine is running 98.