trouble configuring cusotmer's @home settings. @Home support shrugs shoulders...

Thread: trouble configuring cusotmer's @home settings. @Home support shrugs shoulders...

Post trouble configuring cusotmer's @home settings. @Home support shrugs shoulders...

My customer has a Windows 95 box. After a clean install of windows 95 and fresh drivers you can put her @home settings or the settings we use at work (The Host Name) and her computer is unable to get access. I can dial up to a local provider and it works fine, but after replacing the network card, changing/playing with settings, it just can not get a signal from the computer out to the modem itself. The cable is fine and the network cards test and work ok on a testing machine.

Does anyone have any suggestions??? I have been working on this thing for over a week. I'm ready to pull what's left of my hair out!!!

Assuming you have a working connection, @home requires you to enter the correct host name. It's a strange long string of letters and numbers. I believe they also need the NIC's physical address (the 00-00-00... one). I know that everytime I used a router to share @home the router would not get an IP address untill I entered the PC's physical address and emulate it.
    Regarding the connection between the modem and the PC, are you sure the cable is straight and not pass-through? There may be a switch on the modem specifying this.

No, the cable is a standard cable. It's a long cable we use in the shop to get an @Home connection to all the benches. It works on other computer, but whenever I apply the our working host name to this Win95 computer, it just doesn't go through.