What's your IQ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your IQ?

[quote]Originally posted by Poseidon:
    <strong>

<a href="http://www.x10.com/x10ads.htm" target="_blank">How to Remove the x-10 pop-up add</a></strong><hr></blockquote>

Cool. Thanks. I'll now be good for 30 days.
    Hello World

Somewhere between Forest Gump and a garden snail.

Lightbulb

I have the IQ of a pound cake...or was it a blender? Dunno...I guess I ain't tu smrt...
    Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to frappé...

was tested when I was 14. (7 years ago now) I was in the 9th grade, and my marks were shocking, really really bad. So my councellor thought it might be good to see what was going on inside my noggin, and use me as part of a case study, to finish his diploma of something-or-other. Testing took about a week, and the magical number was 163. Not that I think it means a damn thing though. I can make some balloon animals now, should that add to my 'score'?
    [email protected]

http://forum.hot4s.com.au - Hot 4's & Performance cars

[quote]Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff:
    <strong>I have the IQ of a pound cake...or was it a blender? Dunno...I guess I ain't tu smrt... </strong><hr></blockquote>

LOL ... pound cake... BWhAhAHahahA!
    [email protected]

http://forum.hot4s.com.au - Hot 4's & Performance cars

Well, at least ya'll are funny

I took a few of the stupid informal online deals and the scores were up around 170 - WOOHOO - does that mean I'm as smart as the Slack Jawed Yokel??

Intelligence has nothing to do with what you score on some monkey test...
    (A)bort (R)etry (G)et a beer?

[quote]Originally posted by SB:
    <strong>Well, at least ya'll are funny

I took a few of the stupid informal online deals and the scores were up around 170 - WOOHOO - does that mean I'm as smart as the Slack Jawed Yokel??

Intelligence has nothing to do with what you score on some monkey test...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Shawn!! How are you doing buddy? It's been a long time.
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

Hehe, nuthin much man - you got 5000 posts! Good to see you as always Alien
    (A)bort (R)etry (G)et a beer?

Dunno what my score was, I went to University and had IQ test as part of the dyslexia assessment, it came out that I was in the top 2.2% of the population. Dunno what it means, don't care. I don't base my friendships on peoples' IQ, trust is the only basis.

Having any sense of pride whatsoever about a high IQ is about the same as being proud of being born into a family with money or being born with the body of a model. It's simply an unearned potential.

I haven't been tested since kindergarten, but I'm pretty sure they used the Wechsler tool that's made for children (I forget the name of it). Back then, I scored a point higher than Nazi leader, Hjalmar Schacht, who took the adult Wechsler-Bellevue test.

Intelligence quotient in itself is nothing to be proud of.

[quote]Originally posted by Sowulo:
    <strong>I don't believe in testing.....a number doesn't mean much if one can't function well....But I'll tell you, I find it much easier to respect a person who has the intelligence and communication skills to "think on their feet" and respond clearly and concisely "on the fly" to virtually any topic that may arise. Any other type of "fact reguritation" doesn't impress me....</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sounds like someones a 70...

[quote]Originally posted by ilovetheusers:
    <strong>

Sounds like someones a 70... </strong><hr></blockquote>

That high huh? Wow! I've got at least one of you fooled....gee and the doctors told Ma & Pa I'd never learn to tie my own shoes.....
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

What a lot of people, too many in fact, don't realize is the true purpose of the IQ test. It isn't to test how smart you are, it's to test how stupid (for lack of a better term) you are. The test was originally intended to find the less capable students in French school systems in the late 19th century. Once identified, these students could then recieve special attention. If anyone is interested, I can break out my Gen. Psych. textbook and transcribe the relevant history.

It loses all relevance when you use it to compare the intelligence of people who score over median.

Just to throw anyone off who has debated with me in WD chat, I scored a 128 as administered by a psychologist.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe - Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams

[quote]Originally posted by jaeger:
    <strong>What a lot of people, too many in fact, don't realize is the true purpose of the IQ test. It isn't to test how smart you are, it's to test how stupid (for lack of a better term) you are. The test was originally intended to find the less capable students in French school systems in the late 19th century. Once identified, these students could then recieve special attention. If anyone is interested, I can break out my Gen. Psych. textbook and transcribe the relevant history.

It loses all relevance when you use it to compare the intelligence of people who score over median.

Just to throw anyone off who has debated with me in WD chat, I scored a 128 as administered by a psychologist.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You're entirely correct of course but you didn't finish the story....many have concluded that while the initial intent was honorable, the actual outcome tends to be the singling out of the "below average" students which in turn led to lower self-esteem and even poorer results by those so identified as "below average."
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

[quote]Originally posted by Sowulo:
    <strong>

You're entirely correct of course but you didn't finish the story....many have concluded that while the initial intent was honorable, the actual outcome tends to be the singling out of the "below average" students which in turn led to lower self-esteem and even poorer results by those so identified as "below average."</strong><hr></blockquote>

I present the relevant history to its development. The facts that it doesn't work and can allow a person to believe they are completely limited my their genetics are the potentials for an entire new thread of debate.

BTW, my personal opinion is that IQ is, overall, a farce. Who cares what the potential is if it is not exploited?
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe - Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams