People with loud car stereo's need not enter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: People with loud car stereo's need not enter

Post People with loud car stereo's need not enter

<rant>
    Why do people put really loud stereo's in their car and play crappie music on them? Like I want to be stuck at a redlight anyway and then some jackass has to pull up behind/beside me with his stereo playing loud enough to be heard a couple blocks away. Why?!?!? Did your mommy not pay attention to you when you were younger or something? We do you think we want to hear your music???? Or when you go to a gas station and someone is playing there car stereo loud and they are in the store, what the hell is that all about???? And why do you get pissed when I ask you to turn it down? And why do you get pissed when I turn it down for you since you are obviously incapable of doing it yourself??
    </rant>

Maybe its just me, but I try to be aware of who is around me and what I am doing. I don't want to piss people off and I expect eople around me to be the same way, to not make any waves. I guess I live by the Golden Rule..........do you?
    I'd rather be riding my motorcycle
    "I gotta have more cowbell, baby" Bruce Dickinson(Christopher Walken)

What about people iwth loud stereos who play non-crappy music

I have a car stereo and its use is purely for pleasure. I love music! And as loud as possible. I do however turn it down at intersections, most of the time. However, a person's type of music they listen to could be a way they express themselves?

Most people do have respect for others but if you are unpleased then I would suggest you leave the country. This is America and if someone wants to play his or her music loud then why the hell not?

I would also suggest not turning someone else’s car stereo down... some people are crazy and you could lose a limb.

Tattoo addict

Cool

[quote]Originally posted by thirdfey:
    <strong><rant>
    Why do people put really loud stereo's in their car and play crappie music on them? Like I want to be stuck at a redlight anyway and then some jackass has to pull up behind/beside me with his stereo playing loud enough to be heard a couple blocks away. Why?!?!? Did your mommy not pay attention to you when you were younger or something? We do you think we want to hear your music???? Or when you go to a gas station and someone is playing there car stereo loud and they are in the store, what the hell is that all about???? And why do you get pissed when I ask you to turn it down? And why do you get pissed when I turn it down for you since you are obviously incapable of doing it yourself??
    </rant>

Maybe its just me, but I try to be aware of who is around me and what I am doing. I don't want to piss people off and I expect eople around me to be the same way, to not make any waves. I guess I live by the Golden Rule..........do you?</strong><hr></blockquote>

well here are my thoughts on that,I like my music loud when I am alone,but I have to have a really clean sounding system(which I do),

but I don't play it loud when it will annoy anyone else,and I don't play it loud when anyone else is in my vehicle.

now I agree that it's VERY silly to see these young guys in their brand new ricer suburbans or whatever,reclined all the way back and all the windows down,(on a really hot summer day)with their stereo too loud to even think and drive around thinking they are cool for doing that!

Dan

I must admit, I am probably one of those annoying people you see driving around with the stereo way too loud for my own good, but I love it and don't really give a rats a$$ what everyone else thinks or says about me, I enjoy it and thats all that I think matters. Not only that but I usually have to sing along too, thats my way of relaxing after having to deal with all the other annoying people I get with my job. Since I started playing guitar, music is pretty much all I spend my time doing, and I need to have it up loud so I can hear everything, otherwise I tend to miss bits. I also have to agree with opiate, as music also helps define a person and where they fit into the scheme of things. What I want to know is what sort of music you all listen to? Im more alternative rock, punk, metal kinda stuff. Don't mind some dance stuff and a little rap, but I despise pop and anyone else who listens to it

Let my clarify, when going down the road and cars passing by won't be able to really hear I don't have a problem with that, its just when at intersections or whenever the car is not in motion around other people. Opiate, don't give me this is America crap, I live in America too, and in many areas there are "noise polution" laws. Living in America doesn't mean disrepecting others, thats not a right, thats why there was a revolution in america, taxation without representation, disrespect.

People that take advantage of the constitution's flaws piss me off

Peoples choice in music is their own choice entirely. You cannot say that one genre of music is crap because you do not like it, as music is music and every type of music has it's own following who may think other types of music are crap as well.

I don't mind if people want to llisten to their music loud in their cars. I do it myself. I listen to my music loud at home and on hot days the windows are open wide. What is the difference to playing it loud in my car? Both are plainly audible to anyone within 1 mile of my house ( damn I love my Pioneer seperates ). But the Police can't do anything about the loud music as long as it is not before 7:30am or after 10:30pm (it does vary from country to country) if it comes from my house, so why should cars be any different?
    People may think the genre of music I listen to is crap, but I bought it, I am playing it, if they don't want to listen to it, don't come within ear shot of my house
    Darren Wilson is the ....... MONKEY HUNTER..... Coming to a big screen near you soon!!!

[quote]Originally posted by Darren Wilson:
    <strong>People may think the genre of music I listen to is crap, but I bought it, I am playing it, if they don't want to listen to it, don't come within ear shot of my house </strong><hr></blockquote>

What about peoples right to have peace and quiet? You've gotta look at it from both sides of the fence. The neighbors have a right to have quiet if they want it. You want your neighbors to respect your right to listen to your music...you gotta respect their right not to.

[quote]Originally posted by Sheriff Q:
    <strong>

What about peoples right to have peace and quiet? You've gotta look at it from both sides of the fence. The neighbors have a right to have quiet if they want it. You want your neighbors to respect your right to listen to your music...you gotta respect their right not to.</strong><hr></blockquote>

So you are saying that if my neighbours don't like the style of music I listen to then I shouldn't play it? Tough titties, if they don;t like it. I don't like the styles of music that they listen too, but I don't complain if they put it on loud as they don't if I play my music loud.
    The law in the UK states that you can make as much noise as you wish as long as it is not before 7:30am and after 10:30 (or 11)pm.
    Darren Wilson is the ....... MONKEY HUNTER..... Coming to a big screen near you soon!!!

Question

[quote]Originally posted by Darren Wilson:
    <strong>

So you are saying that if my neighbours don't like the style of music I listen to then I shouldn't play it? </strong><hr></blockquote>

Where does the sheriff mention style of music? I think you are misinterpretting when he states "your music." But thats okay, thats well within your rights

Talking

i play my music loud in my car all the time, when i come to a stop light i lower it.

i never really blast the music at my house or my family tells me off and tells me to go to hell.

alot of people dont really have good taste in music like me.

Hello Hello, Yes hello to me and hello to you, I am the Crap On and i live in a zoo and its such a friendly old zoo and such fun you'll enjoy yes you will everyone, every two will enjoy it, every three, every four. so come visit my zoo and come up on four.

http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

[quote]Originally posted by thirdfey:
    <strong>Opiate, don't give me this is America crap, I live in America too, and in many areas there are "noise polution" laws. Living in America doesn't mean disrepecting others, thats not a right, thats why there was a revolution in america, taxation without representation, disrespect.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Okay, Okay, Okay.... But don't you like the fact that if a person wants to crank their stereo then that is their own choice?

Honestly, I know I'm blowing this up but I don't like your attitude. I am probably 90% of the comments you made in the start.

Enough said, I think the Sheriff is closing in.

Hell....I don't care how loud they play it in their car from the stand point of bothering me with the noise....ten years associated with field artillery insulated me from that...what bothers me is the irresponsible driving habits of many of the pinheads that play it that loud...anything that loud is a distraction.....and I don't enjoy sharing the road with someone who isn't concentrating on driving......and fortunately everyone within earshot of my house (1/4 mile)likes the ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND.......so I crank it up at home...only way I can hear it all
    Rudolph N. Koester
    U.S.Army(disabled)
    ASE Certified Master Engine Machinist

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "...holy ****...what a ride!"

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight... he'll just kill you. J. Steinbeck

im going to download polka music and put it on a cd and blast it and see the reaction of people when im at a red light.

polka polka polka la la lala

Hello Hello, Yes hello to me and hello to you, I am the Crap On and i live in a zoo and its such a friendly old zoo and such fun you'll enjoy yes you will everyone, every two will enjoy it, every three, every four. so come visit my zoo and come up on four.

http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

[quote]Originally posted by AbSoLuTeZeR0:
    <strong>im going to download polka music and put it on a cd and blast it and see the reaction of people when im at a red light.

polka polka polka la la lala </strong><hr></blockquote>

LOL!!!!

Well, sometimes I play my music really loud, but only to hear one or two tracks I love. It's so loud, I can't see objects in the mirrors because the whole car is shaking. That's why I don't use to do it anymore.
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.