[RESOLVED] Hitachi GD7500 DVD & Win 2k pro sp1

Thread: [RESOLVED] Hitachi GD7500 DVD & Win 2k pro sp1

Blehboy

Post Hitachi GD7500 DVD & Win 2k pro sp1

After installing Win 2k pro sp1 I was unable to get DVD movies to run. Every time I put in the DVD the WinDVD software would open and the disc would start spinning and the machine would reboot.

I enabled DMA in the props of the DVD (thru dm) and tried to run the movie again. Machine stopped rebooting but now the WinDVD app hangs. I checked their web site and downloaded the update for WinDVD for win2k...no change. I also tried it with several other movies to see if it was the disk...nothing. I reinstalled the WinDVD app and upgrade in case it was an install issue...still nothing.

Any ideas???

------------------
    "All my life all I ever wanted to be was a gangster" -Goodfellas

Are you using a uATA/66 card?
    If you have a burner, slave it to the Primary hard drive and the DVD on the second IDE channel as Primary
    Does it come up proper in POST, you may also need to update the firmware, or try and re-install the DVD player, Also some video cards may have a problem with OVERLAY or the Win2K drivers for the video card may conflict with DVD player prog.
    If the DMA is enabled, try disabling it!
    -wayne

------------------
    I use The best program that cures Windows problems, Far more reliable than Norton Utilities, It's called FORMAT C:...®

[This message has been edited by wbatten (edited February 26, 2001).]
    I use The best program that cures Windows problems, Far more reliable than Norton Utilities, It's called FORMAT C:...® [I hate AT&T@home cable service]