Evil Dead Easter Eggs....for u Cobra
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Evil Dead Easter Eggs....for u Cobra

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar

Post Evil Dead Easter Eggs....for u Cobra

Found these on Http://www.eeggs.com so if anything is spelled wrong kill them, not me, I'm just copying

In the begining of Evil Dead, the car passes two fishermen who wave at them. These Fishermen are played by Sam Reimi, the director and the producer of the film.

A poster for Wes Craven's film "The Hills Have Eyes" is in the basement where Ash finds the book. This was probably Raimi's way of thanking Craven for giving "Evil Dead" a cameo in "Nightmare on Elm Street."

Evil Dead II

When Ash goes into the cellar to kill the witch, if you look closely you will see Freddy Krugger's glove. The reason for this is it is thanks to Wes Craven for putting Evil Dead in the first Elm Street movie.

I thought they were pretty sweet!
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Cool

the Necronomicon(spelling?) aka, "The Book of the Dead" is also used in the last Friday the 13th movie
    take care and tempt not the fates

The Necronomicon is used all OVER the place, it was originally created by H.P. Lovecraft, one of the first masters of horror writing.
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

Freddy sure gets around. I remember watching a Jason Goes to Hell (Friday The 13th Part something) simple because I heard Freddy made a cameo at the end.
    Sure enough, at the very very end of the movie, after Jason gets pulled down into the dirt by the demons, Freddy's hand emerges from the dirt and pulls down the mask.

As far as other movie crossovers, my favorite is the alien skull (From the Alien movies) in the spaceship at the end of Predator II. There were several attempts at making an film starring the aliens and predators together, but those kept falling through. The closest they got to dual licensing was a comic book series.
    --------------------------
    Laugh at your problems... Everybody else does!

I would like to see Alen Vs Freddy Vs Predator Vs Jason Vs Ken Shamrock. All in a cage match of course.

Originally posted by LagMonster:
    I would like to see Alen Vs Freddy Vs Predator Vs Jason Vs Ken Shamrock. All in a cage match of course.
    I'm putting my money on PuterGeekGirl. Any takers?
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

yea that would be the PPV of the century except for the windrivers PPV 'go cobra'
    When all else fails use HAND AND FOOT MODULATION

CobraTekMax

Yep, knew about all of them.

Actually, Freddy's glove is in the workshed where Ash goes to finish off Linda's head, and fights her decapitated body.

Also, Sam's poor brother Ted was the man under the Henrietta suit, and also one of the knights at the end of the movie when Ash got sent back to 1300AD. He also other S-Mart clerk at the end of Army of Darkness.

All the interior shots of the cabin in ED2 were filmed on a set built inside a high school gymnasium, since the original cabin was destroyed in a fire. If you look real closely at the top of the screen when Ash is being chased by the evil spirit inside the house, you can see the rafters of the set.

Bruce did all of his own stunts in all 3 movies.

I don't know why I'm posting this since no one's going to care except for me. (Beast, SP, and Renee maybe).

Smile

I care, otherwise I would not have posted!
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

ahhhhh....Evil Dead/Army of Darkness pointless facts. I though no one in the world cared about those movies besides me.

If you haven't seen all 3 of the movies....DO IT NOW!!!!

Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the shotgun.
    if(post.eof()){SigBox.setText("Have A Day.");}

If I only had any money, I would own those movies forever.
    A bored admin is a very dangerous person...

Originally posted by The Cobra:
    I don't know why I'm posting this since no one's going to care except for me. (Beast, SP, and Renee maybe).

I think more people watch those movies than you think. they are cult classics, i heard they were even thinking about re-making Army of Darkness or making another sequel (i'm not talking about the cheesy "Necronomicon" movie that was made in the early 90's either)
    and i for one loved the alternate ending in the special directors edtion.
    take care and tempt not the fates

CobraTekMax

Originally posted by Buddy Holly:
    and i for one loved the alternate ending in the special directors edtion.
    So did Bruce Cambell & Sam Raimi. But Universal ultimately won and went with the S-Mart ending, to leave the door open for a sequel.

Got mixed feelings about a possible sequel. On one hand, it IS my favorite movie series, and would definately like to see it continued. On the other hand, Evil Dead is drifting more and more from cult status into mainstream popularity, and it would probably be butchered to hell to shift it more into the mainstream. I don't doubt that Bruce & Sam could pull it off, I just think they'd be handicapped by whatever studio would pick up the rights to it.

I think "Evil Dead: The Series" would be a much better project. Maybe sort of a "Quantam Leap" type of show, where Ash gets sent to different time periods/realities to do battle with the deadites. I think a show like this would be awesome on HBO or Showtime (so they could keep the the over-the-top splattery comedic gore of ED2), but if it was put into syndication and ended up on something like UPN or WB, they could tone it down to Army of Darkness levels and still have a good show.

Originally posted by The Cobra:
    So did Bruce Cambell & Sam Raimi. But Universal ultimately won and went with the S-Mart ending, to leave the door open for a sequel.

Got mixed feelings about a possible sequel. On one hand, it IS my favorite movie series, and would definately like to see it continued. On the other hand, Evil Dead is drifting more and more from cult status into mainstream popularity, and it would probably be butchered to hell to shift it more into the mainstream. I don't doubt that Bruce & Sam could pull it off, I just think they'd be handicapped by whatever studio would pick up the rights to it.

I think "Evil Dead: The Series" would be a much better project. Maybe sort of a "Quantam Leap" type of show, where Ash gets sent to different time periods/realities to do battle with the deadites. I think a show like this would be awesome on HBO or Showtime (so they could keep the the over-the-top splattery comedic gore of ED2), but if it was put into syndication and ended up on something like UPN or WB, they could tone it down to Army of Darkness levels and still have a good show.
    I have all of the movies, but in the original versions, what was the alternate ending?