[RESOLVED] Head's Up on Halloween and Terrorism

Thread: [RESOLVED] Head's Up on Halloween and Terrorism

jeremy_tosha

Exclamation Head's Up on Halloween and Terrorism

I just got this through my email and thought I would relay it on to everyone....because you never know what rumors may actually come true......

Original Email
    --------------

----- Don't know how true this is or could be - but just in case ----

Malls on 10/31 Importance: High

I think you all know that i don't send out hoaxes and don't do the reactionary thing and send out anything that crosses my path. This one,
    however, is a friend of a friend and I've given it enough credibility in my mind that I'm writing it up and sending it out to all of you.
    My friend's friend was dating a guy from Afghanistan up until a month ago. She had a date with him around 9/6 and was stood up. She was understandably upset and went to his home to find it completely emptied.
    On 9/10, she received a letter from her boyfriend explaining that he wished he could tell her why he had left and that he was sorry it had to be like that. The part worth mentioning is that he begged her not to get on any commercial airlines on 9/11 and to not to go any malls on Halloween.
    As soon as everything happened on the 11th, she called the FBI and has since turned over the letter.
    This is not an email that I've received and decided to pass on. This came from a phone conversation with a long-time friend of mine last night.
    I may be wrong, and i hope i am. However, with one of his warnings being correct and devastating, I'm not willing to take the chance on the second and wanted to make sure that people i cared about had the same information that i did.

------------------
    Raven

Quote:
    --------
    EPOR...EPOR...EPOR

Private message me if you either want to or know where that quote is from.

cc_penguin

your not the only one check it out here

http://forums.windrivers.com/cgi-bin...ML/002632.html

fortunalty and hopefully its just a hoax.

------------------

bryan_the_tech

Hey everyone! Cobra and other have posted this up on windrivers. Also my wife friend at work got this in e-mail. All same to be the same letter. Please take the warnings as you would take any warning: with caution. Also I can't imagin why Cobra would post this if he didn't have a damn good reason.

------------------
    “if you cough him (bin Laden) up and his people today, then we’ll reconsider what we’re doing to your country.” George W. Bush

jeremy_tosha

just an FYI - the real email had an email address on the bottom of it and if you email it you get the below response....

This is an autoreply for your email sent to [email protected]

A Volt employee was told this story, and out of concern,
    sent it to some of her friends using Volt's email system,
    which is against company policy. Neither Volt nor the
    employee has any personal information about the events described in her email. The proper authorities have been notified and they are investigating. We have no further information and no further comment.

-----

if you would like to see this auto reply that i got just email the following address: [email protected]

------------------
    Raven

Quote:
    --------
    EPOR...EPOR...EPOR

Private message me if you either want to or know where that quote is from.

kingtbone

This one's really making the rounds. Snopes and the FBI seem to be dismissing it.

------------------
    Posts look pretty stupid without the signature, so here it is.

Falcon

I got the same email from my ex-wife. I guess she still cares for me after all.

Then we had the discussion on if the email was too "young" to be considered an urban legend.

------------------
    Hehe, you're silly.

already seen 2 of these this week.

Its a Hoax

Closed

------------------
    <a href="http://www.georgecarlin.com/" target="_blank"> "we're all amateurs, it's just that some of us are more professional about it than others"</a>
    ----George Carlin