Could be my last words... we shall see...

Thread: Could be my last words... we shall see...

Threaded View

Post Could be my last words... we shall see...

An open letter to Scott, the Mods, my friends, and the other users here at Windrivers.

Scott: I asked you very politely both publicly and privately for a comment on Curt Sowulo; I have not been one of the pathetic wannabe witch hunters here. And I know you read my PM because it said “Read by Recipient”. You declined to answer. That is definitely within your rights--it’s your site. You can be whatever kind of head honcho you want to be.

The Mods: Seems pretty obvious to me what kind of head honcho Scott wants to be. It’s your prerogative, of course, if you want to keep volunteering to help him make money. I have great respect for most of you, and hope nothing similar happens in your cases.

My friends: I don’t want to lose contact with you. So if I remain unbanned here, I will show up now and then to stay in touch. If not, feel free to email me; the address in my profile and if that goes you can ask most people who know me for it.

Everybody else: I will miss the old Windrivers. Oh, don’t get me wrong--I don’t plan to stop coming here completely. Unless they throw me out. It is Scott’s site, he can certainly do that if he feels like it. But that’s exactly the issue: it IS Scott’s site. It’s not your site, or my site, or the Mods’ site. And Scott’s site seems to be about helping Scott make money. Which is fine for Scott. Hey, if I had a site, I would want to make money off it too! But I don’t know Scott, and he doesn’t seem concerned with doing me or my friends any favours, so I don’t feel like helping him either. I won’t help people other than friends any more with tech questions. I am no longer concerned about trying to entertain anyone here (and generate hits in the process.) And I don’t see any reason why I should be civil to the various morons who like to argue around here anymore. I quite simply have no more reason to give a damn how this site does.

If anyone wants to flame me for this post, feel free. It’s been a while since I had the freedom to tell an idiot exactly what I thought of him.
    Last edited by Wayward Clam; October 24th, 2004 at 10:32 PM.
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!