Will someone please explain this error message to me - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Will someone please explain this error message to me

dwwin error

The Machine Debug Manager (MDM) service is in the Servicse folder. Click Start, then click Run, type services.msc and click OK. In the Services window, scroll down to the MDM service, right click on it, and click Properties. Now you can change the Startup type to Automatic. Be sure to click Apply before clicking OK. Good luck.

Groucho

My Machine Debugger was already set to automatic, so that's not it. As far as your post just before that, I can't figure all that Snap-In stuff out. I'll keep trying though.

Either I need a simple step-by-step or I will just have to live with it. I also get the "END NOW" error message with, I believe, some "fx07..." message....I don't know, this is all so frustrating because I feel it's something simple that I need some Techie to come out and help me with it.

Does anyone recommend any companies to call to come out to my house and fix this? Or someone who can through it with me over the phone?

I bet someone in here can help through this forum, I just need to find the right method.

Thanks again Groucho, and anyone else, for any and all help!!

You really don't have to live with it. There are many web pages dealng with this issue, as you must have seen at http://www.google.com/search?q=dwwin...x=&startPage=1 Good luck.

Smile dwwin.exe - DLL INITIALIZATION FAILED

I too was getting this error at system shutdown. During system shutdown, an application (Zone Alarm) was slow to shut down (generating a warning), but then Dr Watson couldn't start apparently due to some corrupted settings. Running sfc didn't help, and I tried the advice on this error at several tech forums with no better results. As a last resort, I started to uninstall the Windows updates (most recent first) with the intent to reinstall Win XP SP2 (in upgrade mode). After uninstalling about 50 of the updates (actually back to KB926247), I noticed that I was no longer getting the dwwin.exe error when I did the required system restarts. I then simply let Windows Updater download and re-install all critical updates. The Microsoft Application Error Reporting Tool now seems to be working without producing the dwwin.exe errors messages.

Welcome to Windrivers hdf23

Thanks for the tip - I am glad someone found a fix that works with this. It just takes a little patience to uninstall and then reload the updates - patience that a lot of people don't seem to have.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

dwwin error

You can disable Dr. Watson for Windows by removing a Registry entry. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/188296

Thanks

Thanks hdf23, I will try that when I get the chance!!

Slim14