Time & Datestamps on CD
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Time & Datestamps on CD

Post Time & Datestamps on CD

It was bought to my attention last night that there possibly could be a difference between OEM & Retail versions of XP.

The reason for this theory is that on the OEM version I purchased from my supplier last week of Home, the files on the CD are dated 18/08/2001. I have yet to get my hands on an OEM of Pro or Retail of either Home/Pro so I cannot clarify the Datestamps on those, but I have been told that the Datestamp on the Retail Home version is 23/08/2001.

Can anyone else clarify the datestamps for me please???
    Darren Wilson is the ....... MONKEY HUNTER..... Coming to a big screen near you soon!!!

Couldn't find any info.Now mind you I'm guessing here(I hate that,no flaming please)but if I remember right,gold code was technically finished on the 18th,and the finished product was released to the pc manufacturers on the 23rd.Could this be another factor on the liscensing issue?Meaning an oem xp pc with the wrong date stamped files.......

Darren,.. just curious, but what are you hoping to find out with this info? Do you think the OEM version is possibly erroneous or buggy or something similar?
    Hello World

What I am trying to find, is if the datestamps on the OEM versions are different to the ones on the Retail versions, there is a possibility that there is a difference between the 2 versions or between different countries versions.

What seems very strange to me though, is that the RTM code was dated 23/08/2001 and the full product code on XP Home OEM is dated nearly a week prior.

To find the datestamps, just open the XP cd in windows explorer and select Details from the view dropdown.
    Darren Wilson is the ....... MONKEY HUNTER..... Coming to a big screen near you soon!!!

So everybody (apart form those here who replied) is using Warez versions of XP are they???

Come on people, all I am asking is for 10 seconds of your time to determine something that could affect a lot of people if my theories are true.

Darren, my OEM copy (Pro) says 08/18/2001 as well..............Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. I will look at my other copies from other distributers to see if they are any different.
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

[quote]Originally posted by DocPC:
    <strong>Darren, my OEM copy (Pro) says 08/18/2001 as well..............Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. I will look at my other copies from other distributers to see if they are any different.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanks Doc.

What about you people out there using Retail versions???

And as you can see per TOS, My copy is legit.

Hello World

Hey what are all those white marks on the bedspread!!!!? Oh it's XP.

I've got an OEM version dated 21/8/1(US) and just one retail version dated 14/9/1(UK) and a whole load of retail dated 18/8/1. Isn't this just like all the other versions of windows and it just depends when the disk was burned?

My God, Webhead, that is beautiful........*sniff*

My OEM's don't have that pretty box.........

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

<strong>My God, Webhead, that is beautiful........*sniff*

My OEM's don't have that pretty box......... </strong><hr></blockquote>

At least you get OEM's! I remember the good ol' day's before I got layed off when I used to get those too. Now I have to stand in line with the rest of the lemmings and buy the retail version.
    Hello World

Talking

Hey Darren my copy of XP home edition upgrade reads thise when I right click the i386 folder Thursday, August 23, 2001, 4:00:00 AM
    Boy don;t thos eguys sleep at night , I thought I was bad
    Format c I'm givin er all she's got cap'in !!! )

[quote]Originally posted by confus-ed:
    <strong>I've got an OEM version dated 21/8/1(US) and just one retail version dated 14/9/1(UK) and a whole load of retail dated 18/8/1. Isn't this just like all the other versions of windows and it just depends when the disk was burned?</strong><hr></blockquote>

No as the datestamps are when the files are compiled.

F*** it, I am going to call Microsoft up today to find out as some of the systems I have installed XP OEM on are having issues with, which people are swearing are available in Home which shouldn't be, such as Multi Monitor support, and I reckon it could be down to these file differences as these are the only things different. If so Microsoft are going to have to replace the CD's as they were all bought at teh same time in the same multipack.

Get 'em, Darren................

<strong>Get 'em, Darren................ </strong><hr></blockquote>

I would if I could get through to them!!!!!!

Every single time, engaged tone!!!