File recovery

Thread: File recovery

Post File recovery

I have accidentally deleted some confidential docs. I need to be able to recover them, and then wipe them properly. I have the program to wipe, but not to recover. Ive tried a few freeware demos, but they only seem to restore a copy, and leave the original deleted files.
    Does anyone know of a free program that can recover files, and leave the hard disk free space clean?
    The prog is only needed once (i hope) as they were deleted through windows by mistake, and not through our usual encryption program.
    If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.

Robert X. Cringely, InfoWorld magazine

OK, if not free, then cheap but effective! Just in case we mess up again.
    If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.

What was the file system of the disk the files were on (Fat32/NTFS)?

There are lots of tools to do that, you can find alot of them by just doing a search for "File Recover" on <a href="http://www.download.com" target="_blank">www.download.com</a>
    Matt

"If you have been tempted into evil, fly from it. It is not falling into the water, but lying in it, that drowns"

NTFS. But it would be hady to have one for FAT 32 though.