outlook 97 and back up pst files

Thread: outlook 97 and back up pst files

Post outlook 97 and back up pst files

What is the best way to back up .PSt files on a user's system. I hace user's always getting to the 2gig limit and and wonder why things go wrong.
    What is the best method to keep user's under 2 gig.
    James

[quote]Originally posted by jsigmon:
    <strong>What is the best way to back up .PSt files on a user's system. I hace user's always getting to the 2gig limit and and wonder why things go wrong.
    What is the best method to keep user's under 2 gig.</strong><hr></blockquote>

In a word - training.

If that doesnt work, shock tactics - back up their pst file and then delete all their mails over say 3 weeks old - see if they notice.... and then only retrieve the actual mail they ask for - which of course would have to be scheduled for a day or two's time

I know its right out of BOFH but it really is the only way to go.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

If you have users with 2Gig .pst files then they have some serious issues. Not only does that bog down their computer but it is a huge waste of space! They should have no more than 300meg in my opinion.

We have a 50meg limit at work but then again, we store their email on the server and don't actually D/L it to the HDs.
    Note: To correct display problems, hold the "ALT"key and press"F4".