Word 2000 Lock-up/Crashes

Thread: Word 2000 Lock-up/Crashes

Post Word 2000 Lock-up/Crashes

I have a machine with Office 2000 and Works (yuk I know). As of three days ago word has started locking up about four/five times a day. The whole window goes white. Task manager indicates that Word is not responding. ALL OTHER PROGRAMS WORK WHEN THIS HAPPENS. The only way to use Word again is to reboot.

Nothing has been loaded or changed on the system. Norton Antivirus is fully up to date and reports no problems.

Although the machine is on a network only Outlook uses it for internal email.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Stuart

Is it locking on a particular action? Like autosave, print, whatever? Might help diagnosis to know.

Smile

Hi there,

Word 2000 does the same with me on NT 4.0, but it is usually with Tables or when inserting a large Excel spreadsheet. How much memory does the system have, and what OS is it running on.

Also it may be an idea to see how big the Normal.dot is and other .dot file that word uses.
    Damon Campbell (MCSE)
    New Zealand

Have you tried running Word 2000 while your Norton stuff is turned off? Lately I've been having different problems with the latest versions of McAfee coupled with Office 2000 in general. If Word is crashing during a certain operation, it should be easier to track down. AutoSave could be the culprit.
    Hard work often pays off in the long run, but Lazyness always pays off now.

word2k has a detect and repair option. Go to help and click on it. You'll need to put the
    original cd in the drive. I've had this fix a multitude of problems before..hope it works for you.
    GG

Thanks for all the replies. I have just returned from two weeks holiday and will let you know how I get on with the suggestions.

Cheers

Stuart