[RESOLVED] Access 2K database Locked up tight

Thread: [RESOLVED] Access 2K database Locked up tight

mitchbryant

Resolved [RESOLVED] Access 2K database Locked up tight

We had a power failure and the clients shut down on our network. Server was fine. shut server down and then restarted three hours later.. Database is in owership of one person and will not let us in..

How can I get the database open ????

HELP!!

Mitch Bryant

Logon to the server with the Administrator account. Remove permissions from the parent directory where the database is located. Then re-add permissions, and reset directory security.

If that doesent work, fine the owner if you can and have them copy to another computer. Do the above instructions.

Also, when your accessing a MS-Access database it creates a locking file. The locking file will be named the same as the database but with the file extention ".ldb". Open this file and see who has locks on it, this will maybe you can see who has Ownership Use Notepad to open. MS-Access locks records that are being used so no one can edit or delete them, this all depends on the cursor type that you use for the database.

Try Access Key or PRS as these should both be able to recover the password for you.
    I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
    than screaming in terror like his passengers.
    Jim Harkins
    <a href="http://www.Horrible.Demon.co.uk/" target="_blank">http://www.Horrible.Demon.co.uk/</a>

Moved to Office 2000 Forum.