Outlook 2000: Multiple internet addresses in one profile?

Thread: Outlook 2000: Multiple internet addresses in one profile?

Post Outlook 2000: Multiple internet addresses in one profile?

This is probably a simple thing, but it's driving me nuts. I have a workstation running Outlook 2000 in 'Corporate or Workgroup' mode. It's configured to use one Exchange mailbox and one Internet (SMTP/POP3) email account. These work perfectly. Now, I need to add a second Internet email account to the profile and allow the user to select either address to send mail from.

I was able to add the the second account to the profile and can receive mail with it, but I can't find a way to use it to send mail...all mail still goes out using the account that was installed first. How can I make Outlook let me specify which account to use when sending? Does this make sense? Anyone have any ideas?
    the lone Mantis of the apocalypse

I use OE, not Outlook, but it may be the same.

When you create new mail, OE has a box "From". If you have multiple mail accounts, use the drop-down arrow to select the one you want to send from.

Good luck!

Red face

Good Question! In Outlook there is no from box, or that would be the fix. As you know, creating an account is no problem in Tools/Accounts/Mail. Mail will always be sent from the default account. If you need to send from a different account, you can change the default account in the same place. The problem with this is it is a real pain in the butt and you never know by looking at a new blank message who the default name is. I had the same problem for a user and we just used Outlook for one and Outlook Express for the other. It keeps his mail separate so he doesn't get them confused as to who they were sent to. Works for him....... Might be another solution, I just am not aware of one. Good Luck
    Demand Excellence and be willing to pay for it!

With Outlook 2000 you can add the From field by:

{from within a new message window} check the from field under View toolbar option.

However, when you send a message with a different name in the From field, the recipient sees “From {user name associated with account} by {name sender entered in the from field}. So that really does not accomplish what I think you are trying to do.

As a workaround you could add an additional user profile – one for each POP3 account. Then within Outlook the user could simply log out of one profile and into another as needed.

Lowland is correct, it is much simpler with Outlook Express.

Hope this helps.
    The early bird may get the worm; but the second mouse gets the cheese!