A general gamer question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A general gamer question

Lightbulb

[quote]Originally posted by Tazdrummer:
    <strong>Well as I said once before There aint gonna be no mouse in my house.

What is the longest you have made a mouse or trackball or whatever you use last?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I've been through four mice in the last ten years. I expect my optical mouse to last longer, though, since it has fewer moving parts...
    Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to frappé...

[quote]Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff:
    <strong>

I've been through four mice in the last ten years. I expect my optical mouse to last longer, though, since it has fewer moving parts... </strong><hr></blockquote>

Here is my other saying

Once you go track(ball), you never go back.
    If it aint broke, TWEAK it!
    When in doubt, throw it out!!

<strong>

Here is my other saying

Once you go track(ball), you never go back.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I did. But like I said, I still use the old trackball for testing PCs. I love those logitech trackballs, no wheels inside to track movement, just an infrared scanner.
    Live Free or Die

Never forget, never lose those who have been lost.

My Malinois is smarter than your honor roll student!

<strong>

Here is my other saying

Once you go track(ball), you never go back.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Same here.

I did use a Microsoft Trackball in the past, but couldn't get the hang of it at all.

I've been using a Microsoft optical mouse for thelast couple of months, and I really like it, but since my right hand has been getting stiffer I may look into other pointing devices now.

It may be carpal tunnel syndrome or arthritis, I don't know yet, but I'm getting a blood work-up soon so I'll know where to take it from there.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Registered User Commander Klarg's Avatar

I used an MS Intellimouse for 5 years, which came with my old Gateway PC. It still works, only thing is the wheel is a bit stiff when rolling up. So I bought another one for $12.

I do like the Intellimouse Optical that I'm using here at work too.
    Here comes the revolution; time for the retribution.

For reference re: length of usage, I have a Logitech Trackman that has lasted me approximately two and a half years, and is still going strong. I have pulled the ball out and cleaned it a few times over this period, because my son doesn't seem to understand that his hands need to be clean when using it...

I am not much of a gamer, but it does get a good 4 to as much as 8 hours of normal usage a day.

I would recommend it.
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

Mine usually last about a year for the mouse. The K/B is much more resilient though.
    I dont feel tardy...

Awhile back just as optical mice were coming out. I was managing a games specialty retail outlet. That year I had a chance to head to E3 with a microsoft partner.

At the show I got to see lots of things....got lots of goodies. One of those goodies was microsoft's optical mouse. You know...the large one made for giants hands. It just happen to fit my hand perfectly. And I have been using that bad booy since then with no problems whatsoever.

Works mighty well, and I have yet to find a mouse that has a thumb button perfect for me.
    So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
    Racing around to come up behind you again.
    The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

I used a mouse that came with my old NEC Ready 9619 (First and last pre-built computer I'll ever buy) bought in 1995, up until about a year and a half ago. So like it lasted about 5 years. Then I had a MS mouse (the one that costs like $19.99 at CompUSA but the buttons wigged out on me after only about a year. I recently (like 3 months ago) bought MS Optical Wheelmouse and am loving it. Just hope it lasts, but with all the Saber-locks I get into, I think the buttons are gonna die on it fast =P
    Danyll

If we live in an insane world, how can I be normal if I'm sane?
    "I'm reminded of the immortal words of Socrates who said-'I drank what?'"-Val Kilmer (Real Genius)