Cheap hard drives?

Thread: Cheap hard drives?

Cheap hard drives?

Hi, anyone know a site where I can buy 5 to 15 gig Hard drives with 7000 rpms? All I see these days are 40 or 80 gigs.

I was looking for a fast, small Hard Drive to have as my C: drive with the OS and my large drive with all my other info. The 7000 rpms is the fastest one right?

I usually look at ebay for thay kind of stuff, for the price difference, you may as well buy a 20gig drive anyhow.

Besides, say you get a 5gig drive and install loads of programs with loads of system files, that drive is going to get full pretty quick, on the upside, it won't take as long to defrag, depends how you want to cut your fruit i guess.

Anyhow, good luck

With prices on modern harddrives there is no point to buy small-size HDD, IMHO, if it doesn't cost really cheap (few bucks, for example )...
    BIOS 8GB limit can be solved by updating the BIOS, so You can at least use up to 32 Gig drive (or even 40 Gig with special "limiting size down to supportable 32Gig" jumper).
    All depend on what exactly the hardware is and what the software will be used with that hardware, though...

When purchasing hard drives you should always look at the price per gig. It is like buying cokes...you can buy a six pack for $2.50 or a 12pack for $3.25. Which is the better deal?

Smaller hard drives are no longer cost effective and the performance of larger harddrives are getting better and better.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

Try <a href="http://www.driveguys.com/TabStyle/items.asp?CartId=12726297VZRZ-ACCWARE-V43&Cc=6%2E0%2D9%2E9&tpc=">this link</a>
    Bouncy Bouncy