[RESOLVED] Please Help. Ready to throw this Soyo Board against the wall.

Thread: [RESOLVED] Please Help. Ready to throw this Soyo Board against the wall.

Resolved [RESOLVED] Please Help. Ready to throw this Soyo Board against the wall.

I have a Soyo 5ema+ Motherboard with a ETEQ 6638/9 chipset. The BIOS revision is EMA+_1BE1, and I can not get the bus mastering drivers working no matter WHAT I TRY!! Please help.. It is my friends computer and he is about ready to break my legs over this.. :-) I have tried the 4in1 driver from Soyo and that just seems to make it worse. He is running Win95 OSR/2. I probably won't have a chance to come back on this board for a while, so please e-mail me with any help you can offer. My e-mail is [email protected]

GDB

Hi there,
    You don`t say what the problem is that you are up-greading the BIOS/4-1 drivers? I have a SOYO SY-5EHM with new BIOS and had problems with the 4-1 driver with my videocard (ATI Expert98), even with it`s new driver. I am using Win98 and ended up re-loading the win98 bus drivers - very easy to do. Dont forget to tick the DMA box in the had drive controller setting as this is disabled by default when installing windows! Come back to me if I can help any more. Good luck. PS Hope your legs are still intact!