mat****a cr-585 can't read audio cd's

Thread: mat****a cr-585 can't read audio cd's

mat****a cr-585 can't read audio cd's

My mat****a cr-585 cd-rom will not read burnt audio cd's but reads burnt data cd's fine can someone help me please!!

Hi, you usually find these drives in older Tiny's (for this partiuclar reason I personally think), These drives are also usually slow (8x, 12x 16x) Now for the problem, it will read data cd's, how are you writin them? disc at once or track at one? Also, have you tried playing the copied audio cd in your cd writer? (assuming that you are making personal backups)

If you can give more details about your system, please do so, the more info we have the easrier it is to help.
    All sorts of wonderful things in life.

The cd's play fine in the writer it's just in the mat****a cr-585 that they aren't read at all. I have tried the cd's in other peoples cd drives and they work fine.

if u dont want to play the cds in the writer i suggest you buy a new reader, good luck
    All sorts of wonderful things in life.

Are these burned cds cd r or cdrw? and what windows version are we talking about?

This is a 24 speed cdrom? It is just possible that it is old enough not to be able to read burned CD's... or you have no udfreader which may allow it to see the cds.
    Last edited by NooNoo; September 23rd, 2002 at 05:36 AM.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Windows 98 second second edition and thay are Cd R's but the strange thing is it used to be able to read them then one day it couldn't and no changes were made to the system.

Two things to check. In Windows 98, start, run, msconfig

On the first tab I believe its the advanced button, then look for a check box that says udf reader, see if it's checked.

You could try Roxio Udf reader see if that makes a difference.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."