internet explorer problem

Thread: internet explorer problem

Red face internet explorer problem

I'm having a problem win explorer , evertime I click on explorer it act like it going to open the it just closed. I've remove it and reinstalled but I still got the same problem, have anyone come across this problem and how did you fix it, I using netscape, and it work.

What ver. of Explorer are you using? have you DLed the patches?

Is this ie6 or ie6sp1?

Uninstalling ie6 in xp is little more than a cosmetic operation... it just prevents it from starting.

Try this, open my computer and type in a web address in the my computer bar... eg http://www.windrivers.com what happens when you try to use my computer like ie6?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I tried what you said by going to my computer and it work it went to the web site. so what do you think why I cant click the icon on the task bar, and yes I update my computer to service pack 1 but it work after that.

OK, so install internet explorer and then run the repair. Also try control panel internet options , clear out your history and also delete cookies and files. Under the advanced tab, restore defaults and under programs reset web settings. If the box is checked that ie should check to see if its default, uncheck it, if it isn't, check it. Apply that and try again.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    OK, so install internet explorer and then run the repair. Also try control panel internet options , clear out your history and also delete cookies and files. Under the advanced tab, restore defaults and under programs reset web settings. If the box is checked that ie should check to see if its default, uncheck it, if it isn't, check it. Apply that and try again.
    I am currently struggling with the same problem. I have so far determined that it is a problem with a BHO (browser helper object). The way to test for this is to open under control panel your internet options. Advanced Tab, Scroll down to enable third-party browser extensions. Uncheck it, and restart IE. If you then can get IE to open its a BHO (good, bad or something else) that is interfering IE. I would run Hijackthis and post your log to see if someone else can tell whats going on with it. (im not that good. )

Welcome to Windrivers ehupp!

Sound advice.... and don't worry, you will improve with practice!

Ive taken to using Mozilla Firefox as a web browser. Fast, multiple homepages, pop up blocking and it saves fixing IE problems on peoples PCs. Its a 6.3Mb download.

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Quote Originally Posted by ADS_Tech
    Ive taken to using Mozilla Firefox as a web browser. Fast, multiple homepages, pop up blocking and it saves fixing IE problems on peoples PCs. Its a 6.3Mb download.

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

The only problem with that theory is that you may have a third party program on your system. These programs can be as simple as ad servers to show you adds based on what site you are currently at to more sophisticated programs that can log all the keystrokes that you make including passwords, credit card information and log in information. If someone has one of these third party programs on their computer you should make sure you don't use it for internet access until that problem is cleared up.