Helps with PB drivers pack

Thread: Helps with PB drivers pack

Question Helps with PB drivers pack

Hi guys, I wonder if you guys would help me out of this one.
    I've got this Packard Bell 945 Multimedia computer and the drivers is gone because of mistake. I couldn't load to windows because of this.
    So, the favor I'm asking you guys is to show me where to get the driver pack for this computer. It's an 2-3 years old computer which hard to find. If any of you are a member of Windrivers.com, would you please look in there for me? I can't access to that because of the fee and members requirement.

Again, the system is: Packard Bell Multimedia 945(Intel 440EX chipsets).

I'm going to install Win98SE because I have to. The hard drive is gone this time. No recovery disks or any back up. So I need this driver pack to revive the system.

Thank you so much guys.

Your helps are greatly appreciated.

No need to ask people to commit fraud.

www.packardbell.co.uk

this site will help you identify the actual hardware http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/pb/faq/model.htm
    Last edited by NooNoo; October 30th, 2002 at 03:50 PM.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Originally posted by NooNoo
    No need to ask people to commit fraud.

www.packardbell.co.uk

this site will help you identify the actual hardware http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/pb/faq/model.htm
    so you can only use windrivers to look for hardware you actually own. you must have to buy a membership for every computer you plan to work on. this is really getting out of hand. I thought the RIAA was going over board
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Originally posted by kato2274
    so you can only use windrivers to look for hardware you actually own. you must have to buy a membership for every computer you plan to work on. this is really getting out of hand. I thought the RIAA was going over board
    huh?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Originally posted by NooNoo
    huh?
    exactly. how is it fraud if someone with a premium membership looked on windrivers for a driver for him? premium members use the site to look for drivers for people other than themselves don't they. how's that fraud?

Point taken...but, suppose you charged a once a year fee for your services and then found that one of your customers was using his/her membership of your once a year charge to get all his friends computers fixed too?

Wouldn't you feel at least a tiny bit taken for a ride?

no I don't think it would bother me as long as only one person was logging onto the service, because invariably this is going to happen by nature. I'm the computer geek for my family and friends. If I had a premium membership (which I don't) and they needed computer help which involved updating drivers I'd get them from windrivers and wouldn't think that would be at all unethical. I shouldn't have to charge someone to make getting drivers for them ok. It's a whole different matter though if I were to give out my username and passoword.

Thank you for your replies but there is no need of argumenting about the subject. What NooNoo gave me is somehow useless, in other words, my PB's system specifications aren't in there. I was just hoping you guys could help me out. That's all.

If those specs are useless then so is the drivers in windrivers.

Lets have some more details about this packard bell and find you what you need.

So far I have found this - are these specs correct?
    333MHz Intel Celeron® Processor with MMX™ technology
    512KB L2 cache
    4.3GB hard disk drive
    64 MB of 100 MHz SyncDRAM upgradable to 256 MB
    32X maximum, variable speed CD-ROM with up to 4800KBps transfer rate
    ATI 3D RAGE(tm) PRO TURBO AGP Graphics/Video Accelerator and 2 MB Video SGRAM
    Advanced 3D PCI Sound System
    56 Kbps-capable ITU V.90-compliant modem
    3.5", 1.44MB diskette drive

Based on the info I have this would be the motherboard

Last edited by NooNoo; October 31st, 2002 at 11:19 AM.

it's time to open the case and start pulling cards out to identify manufactures/models.

realistically win98 or better is probably going to have some type of support albeit generic for your mobo chipset controllers etc. What your probably going to need drivers for are the video card modem sound card etc. a lot of times especially with 2k and XP MS has basic drivers for your hardware anyway, and you can finish install with no unknown devices under device manager.

pull the cards and get the information off the chips on the cards. post here or better get some picks of posted. I bet drivers can be found rather quickly.

Mustang
    You can find drivers and specifications for the us products sold by packard bell here

I hope this helps

YES, this is my computer's specification. You found it. The chipset is Intel 440EX. This is what I need, the drivers pack for this whole system.

The audio is a Yamaha YMF 740-V.

But please do remember that the system has no OS and have to be installed, which I will do.

NooNoo, seems like you have access to Windrivers' database. Could you please find chipset driver files of the system for me?
    That would be great. Thanks.

Since Packard Bell drivers are all based on the brand of the mainboard, these files need to match this board in order to work. The mainboard brand is PACKARD BELL 880/885.

I will try to find the rest. If I need anything, I will post it up. Thank you for all your helps.

I will check back soon

Originally posted by TuanSupreme18
    YES, this is my computer's specification. You found it. The chipset is Intel 440EX. This is what I need, the drivers pack for this whole system.

The audio is a Yamaha YMF 740-V.
    Yamaha drivers are here at Yahama.com

But please do remember that the system has no OS and have to be installed, which I will do.
    If you have an OS in mind, it might be easier to advise you.

Could you please find chipset driver files of the system for me?
    That would be great. Thanks.
    Intel 440 ex chipset downloads here at Intel.com

Since Packard Bell drivers are all based on the brand of the mainboard, these files need to match this board in order to work. The mainboard brand is PACKARD BELL 880/885.
    As stated on my previous link, the motherboard is made by Intel - not by Packard Bell. 880/885 is the model number assigned to the Intel Maui+ motherboard by Packard Bell.

I will try to find the rest. If I need anything, I will post it up. Thank you for all your helps. I will check back soon
    I think that leaves you the modem and the ati video rage pro. Both of which are available at www.packardbell.co.uk.

NooNoo, seems like you have access to Windrivers' database.
    Lets get one thing ABSOLUTELY clear. Yes I have access to Windrivers - NO I have not used windrivers to find the drivers you requested - there is NO need, Windrivers is a service to save you looking for yourself - it is designed for those people for whom time is money. There are very few drivers actually hosted at Windrivers that cannot be downloaded elsewhere. The difference is whether you can spend time searching for them. I happen to know where PB pages are because I have been asked for them before... but you could do exactly the same as me - use Google.

Smile

Thank you so much NooNoo. I didn't mean to bother you. I only ask for helps. Since you had helped me a lot, my gratitude is yours. Next time, I will be more aware in asking for helps. I had no intentions of taking advantage of anyone in the forums. Please pardon me for what I said wrong. Thanks.

thanks for the apology, accepted - hope you feel you can ask for help again.