2 NIC cards and a data invalid error

Thread: 2 NIC cards and a data invalid error

2 NIC cards and a data invalid error

ok here i am again this board is so full of knowledge i know u guy's will allow me to keep the rest of my sanity ok well im runnin XP SP1 i have a kt3 ultra msi board all current drivers and bios i am running 1 syslink network card for my internet service the other card is a speedstream nic card now here is my problem i boot down and install card when the puter boots back up it locates my new nic card but tells me the data is invalid now when i try to install the drivers it also tells me the data is invalid now i thought it was the nic card so i returned her and got mne another same problem so i know it can't be the nic card and must be something with my config or a option im just not lookin 4 basically these 2nd nic card will be hooked to my xbox that is the reason for the 2nd card i have alrdy switched pci slots with the card and also used it alone to connect to internet so i know she is workin but when i place both in i get that data invalid error im also not even gettin a green light on the back of the 2nd nic card and suggestions would be appricated and i thank u for the time u took to read my post thxs guys

Exclamation OMG

Dude, take some Ridilin and chill a bit ok? Just reading this gave me a headache. You now owe me for 1 pack of smokes due to trauma induced by your jabbering.

Ok, back to yer problem. In the device manager, do both cards show up ok? Any conflicts or anything? Are you using the right type of cable between your XBox and the PC?

ok well ill send u a pack out of my 5th cartoon ive smoked figurin these prob out i can't even get card to install once i put into pci slot and boot up it tells me the data is invalid your hardware was not installed even thou the puter does detect a new nic card so i reboot and it still finds a nic card just gives me the data is invalid same prob thxs for answering teknick

Talking With that name I've gotta try to help....

Both cards work? seperately but not together? or don't work when you plug the cable to the x-box...?

Ignore the data errors for now. Get both NICs in the 'puter & showing with no errors before you connect any cables, then try each NIC with the known working connection (i.e. to the internet) then the x-box...

'data invalid' sounds like a protocol issue...but I can't say I've ever tried connecting an x-box!!!