Driver for HP CD-Writer Plus 7200 Series

Thread: Driver for HP CD-Writer Plus 7200 Series

Question Driver for HP CD-Writer Plus 7200 Series

I have a HP CD-Writer Plus 7200 Series which I used with windows 95, however when I connect it to my Laptop which has Windows 2000 professional installed the system cannot find the correct driver for the CD writer.

I would appriciate any tips

You didnt say whether it was the e or the i version... however I have a sneaking suspicion they are the same driver... but here is the choice page

Well guess what, hp want you to buy a cd... so, here is the next best I can offer

This driver suitable for all kind of PCs or notebook. Run the exe file and it will exrtact to the floppy disk.
    Just connect your HP CD-Writer Plus 7500 series to PC/notebook, switch it on. Goto Device manager and scan for new hardware changing. Select the "Display a list of know drivers for this device so that I can choose the specific driver." Click on Select all hardware for this device class, select other devices, and browse to floppy drive for the driver. After installed, the HP CD-Writer will automatic appear.
    I know it says 7500 - but if you have a parallel port cdrw, it might just do the trick... driver here
    Last edited by NooNoo; November 7th, 2002 at 02:31 PM.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

For HP CD-Writer Plus 7200

i = internal

e = external

This is an external drive (presummably if you are connecting to a laptop..?), I'm really surprised that 2000 doesn't know what it is ... ?

HP CD-Writer Plus Drives - Is Windows 2000 Professional Supported?

This page says yes, then no, but I'm confus-ed, ha ha...

But it does seem to have some free drivers....

Oh you need a firmware update too, infact just read the page! It'll make more sense than I usually do....

& edit

I thought this was a different model when I originally answered (thanks Noo) but that link is good for the whole series & you don't have to pay! Its fixed now anyways for free, which was what we wanted.
    Last edited by confus-ed; November 9th, 2002 at 09:19 AM.

Talking Problem resolved

Hi,

I got an earlier response that provided me with a new driver which I installed and it worked.

Many thanks for your responses

Best Regards,
    BHF

Thumbs up Problem Solved

Thanks to NooNoo I installed the driver which solved the problem. Also the drive was an external drive using the Parallel port

Regards,
    BHF