Access 2000 Jet database problem

Thread: Access 2000 Jet database problem

Access 2000 Jet database problem

I have the following error when trying to access a database:

The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time.

The Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 318882 explains how to fix it but says you have to start the SQL Server Manager?

Can anyone tell me what this is and how I access it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

This problem occurs when SQL sees a field with a null (that is, nothing in it) value. SQL won't unlock the record, and thinks someone else is using it.

Do you have a SQL server? If so, it will probably reside on a server (NT X) machine on your network. It will handle the SQL requests.

To access the SQL server manager you'll probably have to be a sys admin, and log onto the machine (server?) hosting the SQL server. The KB article should have the instructions on the fix.

Basically, you should set the default values for fields in the tables to be 0 or 1 (I think), as long as they have something in them.

Can you identify at which location is your SQL server, anmd maybe we can help more.

Good luck

Lowloand,

Thanks for your help. The database came from a student at a local university. SQL server is not on this machine but at the university. I have based the database back to them to see if they can fix it.

Thanks once again.

Stuart