DeskJet 690c Win2000 driver

Thread: DeskJet 690c Win2000 driver

DeskJet 690c Win2000 driver

My HP DeskJet 690c printer isn't working well at all. I want to reinstall its driver but I can't seem to find one that's compatible with my OS, Windows 2000. Even HP's website doesn't offer one! Of course, I don't have the Win2000 CD anymore. Do you know if I can use the 690c driver for Win98 or where I can find the Win2000 one? Thanks very much.

HP Deskjet and HP Professional Series Printers - Obtaining and Installing Drivers for Windows 2000

If you clicked a download link and this document displayed
    There is no need to download a driver from the Web site if you selected a download link and were brought here. The most current driver is already integrated into Windows 2000 and it is already on every Windows 2000 PC. Follow the appropriate instructions below to install the correct printer driver using the Add Printer Wizard.
    In other words, to reinstall it, delete the printer, and if it asks to remove the files no longer needed, answer yes... then add printer again.

If you printer is behaving oddly, install it as a deskjet 550C this is the standard hp printer driver that is used to differentiate between driver problems and printer problems. If it behaves itself with this driver installed, then something is upsetting the 690 driver. If it doesn't, then your printer needs attention.

Good luck

PS as a general rule, 98 drivers will not install or function under 2K although I have never tried to use a 98 690c driver on 2k, so I don't know absolutely.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Just as a follow-up to what NooNoo's saying...rats, she's so quick, it's hard for me to get a post in edge wise...anyway
    Go here to read that document on "Obtaining and Installing Drivers for Windows 2000."

When it asks for your Win2000 CD...if it should...you might try Browsing to your C:\Cabs or C:\Windows\cabs. You will need to find that .cab file that contains the drivers for your DeskJet 690C. If you don't have any .cab files on your system...and if you don't have your Win2000 CD, you just might be SOL.

Sorry we couldn't help out more...Good Luck!