BIOS ID error! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BIOS ID error!

Thanks Ruslan and Garak.

Yes, I have been down the road of the correct bios version search, and I do definitely have the correct version. The guy that owned the mobo before me flashed his GA-7N400S mobo bios with the GA-7N400L bios version.

It was a similar enough board/bios version so that it still booted and posted and you can get into the bios, even though it's the wrong version, but you can't install windows on the mobo. It gets all the way to the end of loading all the files from the cd, then says "Setup Is Starting Windows", and then sits there forever.

It also did the same thing with linux mepis that can run from the cd, it got so far, then said something about some kind of application attempting to kill init! and then it also wouldn't proceed further. So, it is definitely in need of correction.

Thanks for the tips again, much appreciated. I just hope all goes well when I attempt to flash this thing finally. I'll keep you posted.

mng519

Well, I tried the amiflash utility.

As soon as it loaded I got an error message saying "System BIOS does not have FLASH support"

"Press any key to exit"

So, anyone have anymore ideas? Thanx.

mng519

AT LAST!!!!!!! Thanks for all the help Garak and Ruslan! I finally found something that finally worked!! It was the universal Gigabyte flash utility FLASH867. Just like the amiflash utility, except it was compatible with my bios.

If I just would have been a little more patient, I could have fixed this without having to buy another board so quickly. Oh well, at least I can sell this one as a working board, instead of a board in need of repair!

Thanks again guys.

mng519

Quote Originally Posted by mng519
    AT LAST!!!!!!! Thanks for all the help Garak and Ruslan! I finally found something that finally worked!! It was the universal Gigabyte flash utility FLASH867. Just like the amiflash utility, except it was compatible with my bios.

If I just would have been a little more patient, I could have fixed this without having to buy another board so quickly. Oh well, at least I can sell this one as a working board, instead of a board in need of repair!

Thanks again guys.

mng519
    eBay!!!!!! but seriously, no problem Congrats
    All sorts of wonderful things in life.

Unhappy

Hi! A have a (same?) problem with updating my bios on the same, ms8127c+(266) mobo. I tried to update it with awd830.
    1:If i type 020904.bin, i get this: The program file's part number doesn't match with you system.
    2:If i type 020904, i get this message: Source file not found.
    What should i do? That was the only firmware for ms8127c+, what else can i download?

Who is the manufacturer of your motherboard? Sorry, can't tell by the model number posted. I'll try to see if I can help.

When you type filename.bin and you see the message that the part number does not match your system. It is telling you that the bios id does not match the id of the bios you are trying to flash. You need to get a utility where you have the option of not doing a bios id check.

The other message about the file not found is because you didn't type the .bin file extension and it didn't know what file you were referring to, that's all.

Like I said, go ahead and specify the mobo manufacturer, and I'll see what I can do.

mng519
    Last edited by mng519; August 7th, 2005 at 06:31 PM.

After spending long hours of searching a i found the answer, on matsonic.com. I had to use awd flash with a dos switch: awd830.exe name.bin /f.
    Stupid mobo... . I hope this could help someone in the future....

hi i have board ga-8ir2003 and i have bios and flash for that when i am try to load my bios i shaw massge bios id error i am sure bios and flash is right

plz any body help me

Welcome to Windrivers Mohamedaddallah

Click here to see your motherboard You notice that there are two revisions of that board, which have you got?

Did you download the bios and the flash utility from Gigabyte?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thank U

THANK U FOR ANSWER ME
    YES I AM DOWNLOADE download the bios and the flash utility from Gigabyte(http://www.giga-byte.com.tw/Support/...ProductID=1624
    THIS IS MY BORD

and here is your instruction manual

Have you thought about using @bios in Windows or Q-Flash in bios/setup? It may be that the posted flash utility is the wrong one (often happens).
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

hi i want know u some thing my matherbord not worked just when bgine restarted show massge cheak some bios error
    and the board not see any thing only floppy and i have disk to boot i am loding in the disk flash bios and the bios file i am not have any proplem in this steps when i try to churched the bios show massge bios id error

Try resetting cmos first.

What do you mean by "churched" ?

Can you get into the bios menu? If you can, use the Q-Flash

no i cant get into the bios menu all i can doing inthert the disk in floppy and boot from file system and the bios flah auto started and selcet file pios when i doing that tell me the id pios error
    thank u

the massage Exactly
    pios id check error