Password Protected! Argh!

Thread: Password Protected! Argh!

Angry Password Protected! Argh!

I have a couple documents that are password protected from change. I can open and view but we can't change them.

The password has been forgotten. Does anyone know of a way to reset or remove the password?

Yes, this is a legit request. The woman who wrote the document forgot her password...
    Vote DrewmazTech for President!

"tis better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool then open your mouth and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

copy and paste into a new document?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

If it won't let you cut 'n' paste then try Microsoft Office password crackers

I like this bit though 'Yes, this is a legit request. The woman who wrote the document forgot her password...'

Perhaps you need to lecture them about passwords ? If you want to password protect something its not much good is it when you forget it ? Plus which these kind of tools prove its not that hard to get rid of them anyway, experience tells me that floppy disks/cdr & a big padlock work much better ... untill you lose the key !