Human being cloned.

Thread: Human being cloned.

Internet Linebacker

Human being cloned.

A group of nutjobs who worship aliens have cloned a human being. Or so they say, they're going to be running DNA tests in a few days to verify that the baby is a genetic copy of the mother.

Cool! Now they can clone me and everyone can have their own Cobra. The world will be such a better place now.

humm I dont really beleive in cloning..

they should drop it and go on to regeneration..

Id love to beable to cut my arm off them watch it grow back

no serrious, this cloning stuff is BS

- Another one point for playing god

Internet Linebacker
    c10n3d!

Banned
    I is gonna clone me favorit smell hound, Skeech!!!

WHY would anyone CLONE humans? I understand cloning certain parts of the body, but to clone an actual being?

I see no point in that - as if Earth is underpopulated...
    You are born small and you die small. How you are in between is up to you.

Originally posted by Spawn_X
    WHY would anyone CLONE humans? I understand cloning certain parts of the body, but to clone an actual being?

I see no point in that - as if Earth is underpopulated...
    Don't you mean...Why would anyone clone COBRA??? Then there will be even MORE people being infected with teh gay!11

But I do agree on trying to regenerate part of the body..
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

these whackjobs couldnt clone a fart...

look HERE for the scoop!

I want a clone of me. If you can get past the vanity and the genera twistedness of it it would be pretty cool. I'd love to see if I turned out the same way as I have. It would be an alternative to the nuclear family and i think that is what makes people afraid more than the other implications. We would not need sex for reproduction and it could be just for fun. Later on we could bioengineer babies with traits from multiple parents, free of defects. The world Gattica is comming, maybe in our lifetimes, like it or not. Technology will move forward despite complaints. It is best to go with the technology and make sure it is used properly and to legislate in a sensible mannor so that the children of the future have advantages we did not but not at the expense of others. If you think that cloning is an issue, wait until we begin cyborging babies at birth with xcranial computers that hold entire libraries of information the child can access at it's whim and we begin implanting communications technology into the human body. We may see a very weird future and this is only the tip of the iceberg.

Anyway, I've wanted a clone of me for a while now but current technology is producing imperfect clones with hosed up genetics and defects and they can only clone females right now so that's me out.

Rael says the Raelians eventually want to learn how to clone an adult and then "transfer the brain to the clone."
    This is the unethical thing I was talking about. Raising up clones for body parts or bodies crosses a line of ethics. You couldn't raise the body without the brain and if it has a brain then it's going to be a self aware living human even if you keep it asleep somehow.

I have no problem with cloning Arnold and sticking my brain up in his head..

he's brain dead anyway

jk.
    You are born small and you die small. How you are in between is up to you.

Senior Member - 1000+ Club Outcoded's Avatar
    Somewhere in the UK, never quite sure where
    Could use a coupla clones of me, then I'd probably only have to work 25 hours a day
    I'm in charge and I say we blow it up

hmmm
    sounds strange clone an adult and transfer the brain.

so then what if you go out with a girl but then later on you find out that her brain is a guy.

Hello Hello, Yes hello to me and hello to you, I am the Crap On and i live in a zoo and its such a friendly old zoo and such fun you'll enjoy yes you will everyone, every two will enjoy it, every three, every four. so come visit my zoo and come up on four.

http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

I live in the next town over from these poor misguided individuals.

For now, I won't even go into the ethics of it all because I'm still fuzzy on it myself, but I can tell you this folks:

These guys aren't all "there". Even though you may read in the tabloids and news reports that the Raelians are recognized as a religion in Quebec, the truth is that they are recognized as a charitable/non-profit organization only. Religions are never officially recognized in that sense by our government.

Their leader (an ex-racecar driver from France) has gathered people arouind him who believe his stories of travelling to another planet to visit the major leaders of our Earth society. As he explains, we got the "clones" from these enlightened individuals to guide us throughout history. It is customary for members to engage in multiple partner relations (including bi-sexual/homosexual) and to renounce the concept of the traditional family.

For all these reasons, it's simple to deduce where their interest in cloning comes from.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm all for freedom of religion - but this group is a definite candidate for a "group suicide" deal.

As for the feasability of human cloning, and from these guys... I'll wait until there's substantial evidence.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Personally I don't believe a bunch of loons like that have a cat in hells chance of making a succesfull human clone. However, they are damn good at getting publicity!