Great Use of Technology!

Thread: Great Use of Technology!

Talking Great Use of Technology!

OK, so last Friday we phone the loan company and they can do everything over the phone - Great!! - it will be posted correctly filled out just requires our signature.

It's Wednesday, I call, where is my form? It's being processed... huh? We gave the info over the phone, it is my understanding that all that needed to be done was for the form to be put in the mail.

Well it turns out that the person answering the phone fills in an email form... the form is emailed to another department. When received by said other department a person finds a real form and a pen and writes out BY HAND the details on the email form and then mails it.....

Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Ha ha, that's a classic!

Ditto, I asked BT to reconnect our line from NTL. This was supposed to happen yesterday, but Monday morning we had a call from BT saying that NTL didn't send the correct PAPERWORK over due to the Christmas break!!! Add 1 week please they said. I think that they think of the first lie that comes into their heads to cover for their stupidity.

You have my sympathies!

Originally posted by gazzak
    I think that they think of the first lie that comes into their heads to cover for their stupidity.
    This is so true that it has inspired a new thread of mine:

The Big Whopper Thread
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

All our offices are connected via a WAN and everything works great.

If you take a mortgage at one of our branches, they have to copy the information to a diskette from the program and MAIL - snail mail - it to the main office where we process it.

The software is so old, it's not meant to be networked. And the "upgrade" is like $10,000 per node!

I'm amazed it runs in a 2000 environment. It's minimum requirements is DOS v4.0 or something insane like that.
    Vote DrewmazTech for President!

"tis better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool then open your mouth and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Originally posted by drewmaztech
    All our offices are connected via a WAN and everything works great.

If you take a mortgage at one of our branches, they have to copy the information to a diskette from the program and MAIL - snail mail - it to the main office where we process it.

The software is so old, it's not meant to be networked. And the "upgrade" is like $10,000 per node!

I'm amazed it runs in a 2000 environment. It's minimum requirements is DOS v4.0 or something insane like that.

I hope the company you work for does not hold my morgage :eek2
    The early bird may get the worm; but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Your pretty much sums it up.