SP1 issue

Thread: SP1 issue

SP1 issue

Issue:
    After installing WinXP SP1 on workstations new mail does not automatically appear in outlook.

Environment:
    W2K Domain
    Exchange 2000 SP3
    WXP Pro workstations w/ latest updates
    Office XP Pro w/ latest SP's and updates
    10/100 Cisco Switched network

Note:
    I installed SP1 on a few workstations a few weeks ago. Right after installing the users reported that they were not receiving new mail. I checked it out and it seemes that the only way for their mail to show in their inbox in outlook is to somehow refresh outlook (change folders, etc). I unstalled SP1 and their mail came in no problem, reinstalled SP1 and the issue came back. The customer wants SP1 on all of his machines, my recommendation was to just not install SP1....

Question:
    Do you know if SP1 some how screws with the way XP communicates with the network? Has anyone seen this?
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

Perhaps this isnt the correct way to solve the problem, but you can schedule send/recive in outlook to something like every 1-5 minutes and the users will not notice the problem,

this isnt realy solving the problem, just putting a lid on the symptoms, sympthons... (how do you spell that in english anyway??)

Good Luck!

// Mr T
    I read your e-mail........

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Originally posted by Mr T

symptoms, sympthons... (how do you spell that in english anyway??)

Good Luck!

// Mr T
    Symptoms
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

First try reinstalling SP1. If this does not work, reinstall Outlook.