Inspiron 2500

Thread: Inspiron 2500

Inspiron 2500

I have a Dell Inspiron 2500 and was just browsing dell's support site and had it check out my system with Dell's system profiler. Anyway I get to the proccessor and it tells me that it's a celery with core voltage of 3.3v and that it is currently running at 800mhz (the avertized speed when I bought it) and then it says maximum speed of 1000mhz. My question is this: does anybody know how to overclock this bad boy (well it wont really be overclocking will it) so that it will run at 1ghz or is this some kind of fluke? Thanks.
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

Uh oh looks like I'm gonna end up spending some money

I was just browsing the dell forums and came across a thread that says I could put an 8000 (c800) mobo in my 2500 thus upgrading my video. I have a few questions: would this in reality turn my 2500 into an 8000 (less the pretty sticker that says 8000)? And would both my bays be able to accept batteries, optional hdd (basicaly everything that an 8000 can accept)?

Any input would be welcome.
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert