Snow, snow, snow, bloody snow! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Snow, snow, snow, bloody snow!

Just a dusting here 'southern NH'. I think we got maybe 7".

I love the snow, my jeep and I laugh at snow, up here in Mn, we can get 12" of snow and there will still be school with mabey a slight delay. I hope that everyone who is not used to the white stuff can stay safe
    I like trafic lights

damnit, we haven't had a decent snowfall in my area of WA in long time. can someone post some pics?
    take care and tempt not the fates

Snow is the work of the devil. As are frost and ice and freezing rain and that wind that always blows when you are wet and it is cold.
    --Those who think they know everything annoy those of us that do.

Just about 24 inches here. On top of the already 2 feet of snow in the yard.

Starting to run out of places to put the snow. Some of the piles are taller than I am!

We get the 2-footer storms hever every couple years so it wasn't all that big of a deal. Got myself 2 snowblowers so I was able to cut right through and got to work on time.
    Vote DrewmazTech for President!

"tis better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool then open your mouth and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Wisconsin sucks. we jsut had our biggest snowfall of teh winter and it left us with maybe 1 inch of snow. last winter we had several feet on the ground in december alone. Good thing i'm a part time snowmaker at teh local ski hill or i'd freak out. I need snow. I want the 20+ inches that other peeple got. This sux!
    It's good to be the King.

stuck in snow, ready for Spring

We've have about ~23" in Mt. Airy. School's called off again for tomorrow and I hope my work won't be closed! I'm ready!

Originally posted by firemonkey
    I love the snow, my jeep and I laugh at snow, up here in Mn, we can get 12" of snow and there will still be school with mabey a slight delay. I hope that everyone who is not used to the white stuff can stay safe
    I was thinking the same thing. We had 14" last week, but it's not a real big deal. My road was 100% clear in time to go to work, but the side streets were still rough that early in the morning. Unfortunately, for these areas that do not often get a lot of snow, it does not pay for the towns to invest a lot of money in snow removal equipment. For those of you not use to snow, don't drive! It scares me to see you people try something you have not done for several years. Driving on ice is a skill, so stay home till it melts.
    "Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I'll remember. Involve me, and I'll learn." -- Marla Jones

Yesterday morning before the storm hit us, my wife went to Stop and Shop, I went to the liquor store.

She tells me the line was back to the deli (typical supermarket setup with the deli off the the side.

Line at liqour store was equally as bad.

Have Guinness wont travel.

Evil Clammino
    GO PATS!!!!

We got some rain in Georgia. I don't think I'll be needing four wheel drive for the time being though.
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

Internet Linebacker
    Originally posted by Buddy Holly
    damnit, we haven't had a decent snowfall in my area of WA in long time. can someone post some pics?
    Can't believe no one's posted any yet...I'll try and snap a few around the plant here this afternoon. Most of it's untouched, only about half of our parking lot is open.

snow???

down here in central ms. we are not sure what snow is...at one time i lived in kenai alaska...oh now i remember now..white stuff falls from the sky..been a while though

Her in SE Ohio we got a boatload of Ice. I've been without electric for over 96 hours. Everything in both fridges is lost. Maybe get electric this weekend. Been taking my laptop out to the truck to charge the battery. Gotta have internet.
    I drink therefore I am.

Originally posted by moliver
    Her in SE Ohio we got a boatload of Ice. I've been without electric for over 96 hours. Everything in both fridges is lost. . .
    I'm sorry to sound like a smart ***, but couldn't you just take the food outside? If it's cold enough for ice, it's cold enough to keep your hamburger from spoiling.
    "Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I'll remember. Involve me, and I'll learn." -- Marla Jones

Dogs & other critters. Temps been getting up into the 40's. Told the wife that now is the perfect time for her to really clean the fridge. I may be sleeping outside with the dog.
    I drink therefore I am.