pci prob

Thread: pci prob

Unhappy pci prob

Here`s the problem the other day i was transfering music 2 my md via the optical on audigy2 platinum card ,when my computer froze.When i restarted windows was corrupt,after reinstalling windows my sound card would not be found by windows,i tried all pci slots except the one under my agp.
    When i put it in this pci slot it found the card but its 2 close to my graphics card,can anyone tell me how too fix the problem as i have been told that the pci directly under the agp will degrade performance from my computer,i have noticed a degrade in performance when playing games.
    can someone please assist me with this prob as i cant figure out wot went wrong.
    gigabyte 7vrx mobo
    512ddr 2100 ram
    geforce4 ti4400
    audigy2 platinum
    all the latest drivers installed

What OS?

Is the bios set to pnp os aware=yes?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Lightbulb Known Issue?

I don't know if this will help you or not, but if you own a GA-7VRX and a GeForce4, it's definitely worth a read.

The turnaround time on the reworking is about 1 week.

Good luck!
    "Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it." - George Bernard Shaw
    "There is no conflict between liberty and safety. We will have both or neither." - Ramsey Clark
    "It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees." - Zapata
    "Billy Ray, get me mah pistol..." - Elvis Aaron Presley

Cheers for replying guys,i took a look at my board and its the new revision,as for the bios (os aware) i dont see it in my bios,is there another way round the problem as the other pci slots worked before the system crashed,i had the audigy in pci slot 4 with no probs,now it wont detect the card unless its in pci 1any other help appreciated.