Practical jokes at work? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Practical jokes at work?

Simple, annoying and low-tech: Take the top 5, or so, styrofoam cups off the top of the stack next to the coffee pot and poke several small holes in the bottom of it with a pin. Then poke several larger holes in the next one down. Replace cups onto stack. Wait for amusement.

When someone pours coffee into the first somewhat leaky cup, they will usually grab the next one and dump their coffee into it. Much hilarity ensues as leaking gets far worse!
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

That is so cruel... I wish that I had thought of it! Recently we placed some cellophane tape over the microphone of a co-workers' desk phone, and he has had to shout to be heard. We heard him complaining about having to scream to be heard, so we ( meaning I ) chickened out and removed said tape, but not before he called the boss and, not knowing the tape was off, screamed at the big guy for a full minute before realizing what was going on... Great fun, as long as we get away with it!
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Placed a cup full of water upside down on a desk.
    *Fill cup, place a sheet of paper on top and a hard, thin (1/64" or so) piece of plastic or metal on top. Squeeze a bit to remove some water, turn upside down. Now the pressure of the air will help keep the water inside. Place the contraption on a desk, slide out the piece of metal, the paper will act as a seal and prevent a major spill. Then slide out the paper and clean any trace of water.

Another prank was throwing some water under the new (to her) car of a co-worker, just in the radiator area (she had bought the car the day before). Just enough water to be noticed and look like a big radiator leak...

More hi-tech pranks can involve altering the hosts file of a computer... ex make entries for popular websites with ip's of different ones... Imagine opening google and going to yahoo... or opening msn and going to myspace...
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

New guy, new victim for the old power shut off remote! Will let ya know how crazy he gets before he figures it out.
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Saw this on mthruf.com
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.

I just remembered a fun activity we discovered working the night shift at the State Mental Hospital.

Call someone at 2:00 in the morning, then forward them to someone else, before they answer. Inmmensely annoying, particularly if repeated frequently enough, and easy to do.
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

We had a guy who hated, absolutely hated the smell of Old Spice after shave, so we had to "help" him get over it. We bought a jumbo bottle, opened it all the way, taped it inside of his tower, and everytime the machine turned on he was treated to the wonderful odor via the case fan. When we would go into his room, he would be tearing the place apart looking for the source. After a few months, he gave up.

This year, on April 1st, I repeatedly ran a remote script on my coworkers' PCs which rearranged their desktop icons to correspond with a simple lineart BMP image: heart, fish, etc.

One scanned his entire PC for virus infections before he caught on.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Nice! We were taking a class once and a coworker bragged that his machine was impervious to attack. Tsk tsk, we had to rise to the challenge, so we created copies of all his icons on his desktop.. and then copied all of those.. and then copies of those...

We had a guy I'd always tease and tell him that I'm going to install linux on his machine one of the days he doesn't come in. Then one day I got on his PC and just changed the wallpaper to a known linux one. That was enough to blow his mind.
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Niclo Iste View Post
    We had a guy I'd always tease and tell him that I'm going to install linux on his machine one of the days he doesn't come in. Then one day I got on his PC and just changed the wallpaper to a known linux one. That was enough to blow his mind.
    Other variations on this: Linux Boot CD / USB and BIOS set to boot from that option first.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Try inflating a balloon and let it go at the security desk when passing through. Startles the Commissionaire really good!