What's the most out of date system you have running on a regular basis
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the most out of date system you have running on a regular basis

What's the most out of date system you have running on a regular basis

So everyone always wants to talk about their best system... what about your oldest that you have running at home?

Mine's my good old P (no II just P) 266 laptop with a recent upgrade to 64mb of RAM from 32mb with a 5 gb hard drive and 2mb video memory. I used to build systems for my wife to use for school. She'd never use them so I'd keep selling them and she'd always get pissed off at me. I finally bought the laptop for us and told her I'd never sell it. Nice little lappy for word processing and internet use.

My oldest desktop is my newly (and freely) acquired Dell PIII 733.
    Last edited by ephmynus; March 12th, 2003 at 04:49 PM.
    The Artisan formerly known as A+Tech.

I recall that Intel only made the Pentiums up to 233. Is that like a Cyrix or something that you have there?

My oldest is a P133 HP, works great with 80MB and NT server. Unfortunately all of my older hard drives keep failing, and I refuse to put a new one it this old bucket, so when this last drive goes, Out the door the HP will go with it!

Ive got a customer running a Pentium w/ (32mb ram I think) with PCDOS 6.2 I think some of my customers in teh hills of Kentucky still have old 486's too...
    W

Have an old 386 SX 33MHz with 4 MB Ram running Win95.
    No longer using it. Now in storage but it works.
    "Thou shalt not kill, remember? What in the hell kind of church man are you?" - Vash the Stampede

we've got a P233 MMX with 128 mb ram, a 3.2 gb, 4.3 gb, and (2) 8.4 gb hdds running as a mp3/small file server here at work. its been running the mp3/small file duties for about 2 years, but the damn thing has been running something or another here for the last 5 years. we just can't kill it.
    take care and tempt not the fates

I'm still using an old HP-85A. According to the serial number on this bad boy, it was manufactured in 1979. It uses BASIC language, has 16K (yes, that's a K) internal memory expanable to 32K...and yes, I have all 32K.

It also has a 5 inch diagonal display, a thermal printer and a magnetic tape drive...all in one complete unit. The CPU is an 8-bit parallel microprocessor.

I primarily use this to check out old HP disk drives with the old HPIB interface buss. It also comes with a serial and a parallel interface to check out old HP printers, plotters, etc.

was a 486 laptop then a 150 mhz system then a 450 mhz now its 733mhz p3 (hey I got it free, only way Id run a intel..well my xbox is intel buy....SHUTUP )

Originally posted by DonJ
    I'm still using an old HP-85A. According to the serial number on this bad boy, it was manufactured in 1979. It uses BASIC language, has 16K (yes, that's a K) internal memory expanable to 32K...and yes, I have all 32K.

It also has a 5 inch diagonal display, a thermal printer and a magnetic tape drive...all in one complete unit. The CPU is an 8-bit parallel microprocessor.

I primarily use this to check out old HP disk drives with the old HPIB interface buss. It also comes with a serial and a parallel interface to check out old HP printers, plotters, etc.
    That has to be the oldest thing I have ever heard of still in operation. I think you win!

I use a Dell P233 laptop for Autotap and LS1Edit in my car. The next oldest thing is a dual PIII 500 box that's a web server.

Man, I"ve never even heard of an HP-85A
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

Banned
    amstrad pc1512 cica 198? , still running with an old citizen printer , and it does the wifes letters etc .

it is an origional 8086 (or was that 8088) , well ,,,,its piggin old! 512k (yes K) , a single 360k floppy and a TEN meg h/drive , running dos 3.1 and DRsos (early windows) ,,,,,,,,,

still works thou !!!!

FtF

Originally posted by Ya_know
    I recall that Intel only made the Pentiums up to 233. Is that like a Cyrix or something that you have there?
    Pentium "1's" went to 266 but the p2 started at 233. Prolly what yer thinking. If it's in a laptop is actually a pentium tillamook processor. I used to have one when they were "da bomb".
    http://www.intel.com/design/mobile/d...e/24357102.pdf

My slow machines have all become presents for others. I still have a compuqe machine at work I use. I have one left and it may beat a few of you.

233mhz pentium, 2gb, 128mb edo, gvc mobo (pc chips clone) with built in graphics and sound.

Tattoo addict
    I have a Celeron 333a on a board with 3 isa and 3 pci & 1 agp ,it's a slot 1,and uses PC100 sdram.
    and it runs 24/7 as my printer server.

I recently wrote 17000 words on an old Cyrix 486-66 with 8 MB RAM using Word 97.
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

so, Clambake, how many sentences could you type ahead of the system before it caught up with ya?

Originally posted by geeksRus
    so, Clambake, how many sentences could you type ahead of the system before it caught up with ya?

LOL