[RESOLVED] Western Digital HD compatibility with ABIT BE6 Motherboard

Thread: [RESOLVED] Western Digital HD compatibility with ABIT BE6 Motherboard

ab2dz

Post Western Digital HD compatibility with ABIT BE6 Motherboard

Does anybody have information how to overcome the compatibility issue between Western Digital large drives with ABIT BE 6 motherboard with ultra ATA 66 support???

e mail to: [email protected]
    Thanks. Dave

replier

Have you tried the latest flash and latest hp366 drivers for your board?
    They constantly update every few months to correct incompatibilities with the be6.
    The be6 and be6 II boards have so many issues , bugs, problems etc, with them that they aren't worth buying. I don't care if they are highly rated by reviewers, magazines etc, they fail to mention just how bad the be6 and be6 II's really are. That's why we no longer distribute this model by abit.

jus' tech it

just what are the issues with these boards??????? I own both and use the BE6 as my main system and as of yet have had absolutely no problems at all. In my opinion Abit is turning out one of the better boards in use as is Asus. As far as the issue with the wd drives, check out Deja.com. go to the main page then to computer etc. located on your left. from the following page go to Abit motherboards. excellent feedback on just your situation. I am currently using Maxtor drives and therefore am unable to give much more advice.

Good Luck

replier

Looks like you just answered your own questions there jus'tech it when you replied to highpoint hpt366 woes section.
    Other problems exist for instance, sb live with liveware 3.0, can't use 3rd pci slot because it conflicts with irq11 already being used by the hpt366 controllers, lockups with quantum ka model hd's, lockups or bsod's with 3dfx banshee chipset cards, etc. even with latest highpoint drivers and bios and drivers for the other videocards, nics, and so on. Go check out alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit newsgroup and look at the numerous problems listed from people regarding the be6 and be6 II. Need I say more. Don't get me wrong, I like abit bh6 and bf6 boards. They work real nice. It's just the be6 and II models that have the most trouble because mainly of the highpoint366 controller. Sure, there are some successes with the be6 and II, but those are a minority. I usually sell to and build my customers systems with either abit bf6 or bh6 board and add eiher a promise ultra 66 or abit hot rod 66 controller card that goes on a pci slot for ultra 66 hd's. I have had a huge success rate going this way rather than dealing with customers bringing back systems with those other troublesome boards.