Losing HP Deskjet T45 printer driver

Thread: Losing HP Deskjet T45 printer driver

Losing HP Deskjet T45 printer driver

I have been dealing with this off and on for a week. Client has a HP Deskjet T45 scanner/copier/printer connected to his parellel port using Windows 98SE with all of the updates installed. This printer is shared on a peer-to--peer network. From within any Windows program like Word an error will come up that the driver needs to be installed. The HP taskbar icon states that the printer is ready to print. It will even print a Self Test page through the HP software. A print test page through Windows printer properties produces the error that the driver needs to be installed. Once the drivers are installed it might work one day or two and then the problem is back. Last weekend I reformatted the drive, reinstalled everything and all worked well for four days. The problem has returned. The networked computer can print to it. I considered a virus especially the W32.Opasvr worm and all of its varients because this computer seems to be hit through dialup constantly. Since reformatting the computer in the last day the hits of Opasvr have been in the hundreds, however the files are in quarantine and a complete virus scan shows it is clean. Any help on this problem would be appreciated.

I take it you've already been to HP's website for your OfficeJet T45. Looks like the Win98 version is 1.0...so no updates from what you've got on your CD. Notice the links there for Manuals...your User's Guide and Quick Setup Guide is available for download.

Also, read up on HP Officejet T Series All-in-One - Sharing Printing Over a Microsoft (R) Windows Network. It just might have something in there that you're missing.

Hope this helps you out. Let us know how it ends up...Good Luck!

HP T45 losing driver

I have been to the website and still have the documentation and CD. What I failed to mention is that this setup has worked for 11 months without problems. At one point last week I changed the router to a D-Link router with a printer port. Both computers could print just using the printer driver. However, the client needs the HP software for scanning, copying etc. I switch back to the Linksys router without a parallel port, then hooked the printer back to the computer. Everything works for a few days and then the driver for printing on the computer that the printer is connected to loses the driver.

Tomorrow I might try a different computer with it for a few days and see what happens.

The link above for Network Printing states that "Scanning, copying, and PC faxing is not possible over the network." Having said that, your normal printing functions should still work fine.

Once you get it installed properly back as a parallel printer, select it as the Default Printer and delete all other references to that printer in Printer Properties (if you have any.) Then, go back and make sure that you have selected it as the Default Printer in Word, Excel, etc.