query!

Thread: query!

query!

Ok,
    As Rock K7VT2 m/b
    Athlon 1.33mhz Cpu + Cooler Master fan.
    32 MB creative video card
    256-sdram memory

Very cheap h/w bought today for a wee guy to play on.

Will not boot into post. I can hear the thing starting but nothing on screen. I have checked the video card, its fine; I had checked the jumper settings.

I get the symptom as if the IC chip is buggered. But I have just acquired this h/w today, so unless I am very unlucky I doubt this could be the problem. (I hope!)

I am thinking the CPU clock setting but I can’t get in to the bios to set the thing. Is there a keystroke or something on the board itself that is staring me in the face and I can’t see it or is that I am just an IDIOT

Have any of you guys out there have a solution to this.

Cheers

screwy

Did you buy it new or used? did you see it running before you bought it or get it off the shelf? if it came off of the shelf you may want to also check the voltage setting on the power supply, lately a bunch of us here at work have gotten burned by that on new pcs we aquired...and after a while trying to figure it out we finally realized we forgot to change the damn switch....you also may want to reseat all of the cards and possibly the processor, if still nothing tear it down to basics motherboard, cpu, video and memory and start from there, let me know how it goes

Thanx for the reply Kineda,
    Answer to your post,

I have just the m/b, cpu, video and memory running, Also I have tried a 240 and 300 PSU as well but still no joy!

I bought the cpu, fan and the m/b today from new...

Must be something simple I have not set, or faulty h/w.

cheers.

Cool

Found out the problem.

Mobo was buggered, I couldn't believe it I only bought yesterday. Just my luck!

Thanx for the help anyway.

Glad i could help, sorry that it had to be the motherboard but i hope you can still have it replaced or refunded

good luck with the new parts let me know if you still have any problems